Location and Job Title:
Jewish Community Center of Greater Ann Arbor
2935 Birch Hollow Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
The Operations Manager is a full time, exempt position in the Operations group, responsible for creating a sophisticated customer service experience for all who interface with "the J" (staff, members, guests, tenants, renters, community agency partners). This position reports to the Director of Operations and requires occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Exhibit an "above and beyond" attitude, being proactive and enthusiastic to perform any assigned tasks.
- Know what's happening for every agency that operates out of the J.
- Provide exceptional, flexible, and responsive customer service.
- Key liaison for internal departments, tenant points-of-contact, and individual private renters.
- Manage the Welcome Desk and staff
- Supervise process to request use of building spaces and manage schedule for all spaces within the facility and across multiple calendar platforms
- Supervise information distribution internally as well as with external points of contact.
- Be the business machine and other equipment expert.
- Track and maintain equipment usage records and regularly invoice non-agency users where applicable.
- Manage office supply ordering
- Proactively identify and collaboratively resolve scheduling conflicts, advise department heads and instructors regarding Jewish holiday and other building closures and emergency procedures.
- Thank you letters & related monthly reconciliation for all donations to the JCC
- Provide administrative or other requested assistance (12-15 hours/week) to direct supervisor and executive director.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Market building spaces for private meetings, party rentals, etc.
- Provide tours, information, contracts, and forms as needed or requested for private events.
- Outstanding customer service, interpersonal, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and able to work collaboratively across departments.
- Good judgment and discretion, crisis management - being the "calm in the storm."
- Minimum two years of experience.
- Excellent writing, technology, and computer skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, multi-tasking, customer service focused environment.
- Comfort with and ability to execute building safety and security protocols.
The JCC of Greater Ann Arbor is a vibrant community center serving the entire Ann Arbor area community. With programs for individuals of all ages, the centerpiece of the J is its early childhood program that welcomes families of all backgrounds.
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience