Location and Job Title:
Director of SunriseWALKS (Walkathon) & Endurance Campaigns
Sunrise Association (Sunrise Day Camps Association, Inc.)
15 Neil Court
Oceanside, NY 11572
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on children and families suffering from the pediatric cancer. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.sunriseassociation.org to find out more about who we are and the incredible work we are doing.
The Director of SunriseWALKS (Walkathon) & Endurance Campaigns - reports to the Senior Vice President National SunriseWALKS & Endurance Campaigns. The Director of SunriseWALKS (Walkathon) & Endurance Campaigns is an energetic and ambitious fundraiser/event planner who will successfully partner with the Sunrise Association team and volunteer leadership to ensure the success of the Long Island SunriseWALKS & Endurance Campaigns. They will take the lead in developing, organizing, and implementing the Long Island SunriseWALKS event and other endurance style events, identifying prospect for individual, community, and corporate solicitations. They will also be responsible for identifying and recruiting various communities and volunteers that will take part in the 2023 SunriseWALKS (Walkathon) Campaign.
The Director of SunriseWALKS (Walkathon) & Endurance Campaigns responsibilities:
- Directly reports to Senior Vice President National SunriseWALKS & Endurance Campaigns
- Oversee and coordinate the development, organization, marketing, pre and post-event activities, event evaluation and implementation of the SunriseWALKS event and related peer to peer events
- Understand and analyze year over year fundraising data
- Work directly, support and coach event lay leadership (Event Chairs, and Ambassadors)
- Identify and develop new markets/communities and opportunities for prospects with significant financial capacity, philanthropic intent and community building
- Achieve revenue, expense, and sponsorship targets, with direct accountability for goals set forth in the annual budget
- Coach Walk Participants, Team Captains & Endurance Athletes to maximize over all fundraising efforts
- Work with Marketing Department to develop and execute marketing strategy and plan for SunriseWALKS Long Island event & Endurance events
- Develop and facilitate committee meetings with execution of event plans
- Build strong relationships with volunteers to ensure retention of key local leaders, fundraisers, and committees
- Assist in managing budgets, track income and expenses associated with Long Island SunriseWALKS event and other peer to peer and DIY events
- Assist SVP on local and national sponsorships opportunities
- Support SVP with administrative duties related to events
- Participate in departmental meetings and strategic planning discussions for overall campaign success
- Responsible to ensure that all events meet all Sunrise Association Standards
- Perform other duties as required
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Aileen Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field. An equivalent of education and experience may be considered
- Experience working with a national walkathon and Endurance events preferred
- A minimum of three five years related experience in fundraising, event management, walkathons and volunteer management; preferably with a non-profit health agency
- Experience with peer-to-peer fundraising tools/website
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Long Island philanthropic and general community
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe products, InDesgin, Photoshop, Illustrator and proficiency with CRM databases
- Ability to multitask and handle changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to speak publicly in large and small groups and network with collaborative agencies and providers
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers, staff and external contacts
$55,000 - $65,000
Sunrise Association: The mission of the Sunrise Association is to bring back the joys of childhood to children with cancer and their siblings world-wide, through the creation of Sunrise Day Camps, Year-Round Programs, and In-Hospital Recreational Activities, all offered free of charge.
Currently the Sunrise Association provides 8-day camps; one each in Atlanta, GA and Baltimore, MD and three each in New York and Israel. Sunrise Association is affiliated with 36 pediatric oncology hospitals in the catchment areas of our camps and oversees myriad year-round programs both in and outside of our hospital network. In 2021 the Sunrise Association provided programming for over 14,000 children between our in-person camps and year-round programs and virtual programs.
In 2022 the Sunrise Association will be opening two new in-person camps, one each in Northern Virginia and Greater Philadelphia and has an expansion plan to open additional camps over the next 3-4 years. A new virtual summer camp experience, Sunrise VX, will also be offered for the full summer.