Location and Job Title:
The Memphis Jewish Community Center (MJCC)
6560 Poplar Ave.
Memphis, TN 38138
Position Status: Full-time; Salaried; Non-Exempt
- Input class registration information into Quattro, close and cancel classes, print roster summaries for Member Services Desk and maintain rosters for classes
- Schedule rooms. Keep and print the weekly schedule of events for the MJCC
- Provide customer service by answering phone calls, taking phone registrations and handling changes or problems with class schedules from department managers
- Provide administrative and clerical support for Wellness, Aquatics, Sports, Cultural Arts, Senior Adults, and Member Services departments
- Cover breaks and lunch for the Member Services Desk
- Ensure MJCC mail is stamped and taken to desk for pickup
- Handle mass copying for departments - also laminating and folding when necessary
- Maintenance needs and ordering supplies for printer/copier and postage machine
- Required to work Monday through Friday
- Provide and encourage great customer service for members, guests, staff, and the community
- Create and actively promote a comfortable and welcoming environment where every participant is treated with dignity and respect, in a friendly, personalized manner
- Ensuring the cleanliness and organization of the office supplies including envelopes, paper, etc.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Rhonda White at email@example.com
- High School Diploma required, Bachelors preferred; 1-3 years of related work experience in a JCC or similar environment is preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
- Demonstrates ability to show accuracy and great attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Independent judgment, initiative and advanced administrative skills required
- May include some night/weekend/holiday hours
All MJCC employees must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
Located on 24 amazing acres in the heart of East Memphis, The Memphis Jewish Community Center has something for everyone of all shapes and sizes. We have an amazing Early Childhood Center, an expanded Fitness Center, a large outdoor water park, an Art House, Senior Adult gatherings, Summer Camp, After School activities, and most importantly a welcoming environment.