Location and Job Title:
5403 Monument Ave
Richmond, VA 23226
The Membership Office is seeking an energetic, reliable, and passionate employee to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supervision of membership team, membership sales, retention calls, customer service, locker rental management, organization and planning of member-related events, as well as, tracking data in excel spreadsheets. This position encounters many different people and situations which requires one's ability to retain confidentiality.
Education, Training and Experience:
Applicants must have/be able to:
- Work experience in sales and be highly motivated.
- Time management, organizational skills, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Kind, friendly, outgoing and should be able to contribute to a positive workplace culture.
- Solution-oriented to understand needs of prospects and members.
- Listen actively and effectively to build strong relationships with prospects and members.
- Demonstrate proficient computer skills and a high standard of member service.
- Previous knowledge and understanding of the JCC and its departments is beneficial.
- B.A./B.S. Degree in related field preferred, but not required.
- Work schedules that will vary and expected to work some evenings and weekends.
- Supervise membership team which includes the membership office and front desk staff
- Build and manage Membership departments budget
- Build relationships through community outreach to the local community and businesses to increase membership sales. Outreach may include off-site visits, networking and prospecting to schools, synagogues, and other organizations to increase sales through corporate membership programs.
- Generate new ideas for membership promotions to increase membership sales and introduce value of the Weinstein JCC. Engage in cross-selling and collaborative marketing with other departments to reach revenue goals in all areas.
- Plan special events, open houses, and member appreciation events to bring prospective members to the Weinstein JCC.
- Maintain tour/prospect logs and databases and manage prospects within the pipeline, handling all follow-through in a timely manner to initiate the sale. Prospect to non-members who use facility and other program participants.
- Assist with member onboarding after the sale is complete and engage with members to build sustainable relationships and trust through open communication.
- Work with the Membership team to exceed monthly budget targets.
- Maintain member accounts and manage point of sale systems and tracking/reporting functions.
- Work with Membership team to regularly conduct retention calls to new and current members to promote/enhance member usage and satisfaction. Be able to anticipate and be responsive to the expressed and unexpressed needs of the member. Resolve any problems along the way with the highest level of customer service.
- Ensure accurate/timely information is exchanged and work closely with Membership team to ensure the highest standard of customer service is offered.
- Respond timely to member feedback and follow up with prospects/members/staff within 24 hours.
- Competency in handling monetary transactions and understanding of billing and invoices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
Demands/ Work Environment: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the
employee is regularly required to talk hear, and read. The employee frequently
is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls
and to operate office computers and equipment. Specific vision abilities
required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
- Note: This job
description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be
performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be
required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other
job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or
assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and
requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate
individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents
will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty
proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct
threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The
requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge,
skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract,
implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Apply: Applicants should send a resume and cover
letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to the
email provided in this job listing. While we sincerely appreciate all
applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal
background check. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer:
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans encouraged to apply.
45,000 - 55,000
the Weinstein JCC:
The mission of
the Carole and Marcus Weinstein Jewish Community Center is to strengthen Jewish
identity and continuity by enriching personal, cultural, social, and physical
development, by fostering leadership and by promoting the welfare of the Jewish
community and the community as a whole. The Weinstein JCC is dedicated to the
spiritual, cultural, and ethical values of Judaism, and provides a haven for
Jews and non-Jews alike to gather and foster fellowship among all people. We
are dedicated to the well-being of people of all ages and faiths and are aware
that the needs of our membership include individuals, their families, and the
greater Richmond community. The Weinstein JCC strives to maintain the highest
standards of programming, and offers classes, services and events that are
contemporary and effective, yet grounded in traditional Judaic values.