Location and Job Title:
Director of Early Childhood Programs
The Jewish Federation of Sarasota-Manatee
Klingenstein Jewish Center
580 McIntosh Rd
Sarasota, FL 34232
Hershorin Schiff Community Day School community members strive to demonstrate our service philosophy of impacting the world through academic excellence, global citizenship, and compassionate action. We do this by providing a safe, small, child-focused environment. Our high standards for academics and behavior create a courteous and respectful learning environment that values the beliefs and rights of every member of our community.
As the leader of Sarasota's premier Early Childhood Center, the Early Childhood Director will inspire our young learners and guide our staff to reach their potential. Our Director will build community, cultivate a team culture that is reflective of our unique diversity and promote our inquiry-based learning approach based on the philosophy of Reggio Emilia.
- Understanding of the academic, fiscal, social and advocacy responsibilities of a non-profit, fully-accredited early childhood program.
- Comfort level translating Jewish values and traditions to students and families of all faiths to create a diverse, equitable, welcoming, inclusive environment for students, staff and families of all backgrounds.
- A track record of exemplary stakeholder relationship building among children, parents and community members.
- Familiarity with a Reggio-inspired, inquiry-based experiential learning.
- Successful experience with the business/operational aspects of leadership including recruitment, personnel management, enrollment management, and budget - including both payroll and center expenses.
- Proven experience with state licensing and accreditation.
- Strong experience overseeing the planning, development and assessment of early childhood programs including extended day and summer camp.
- "CEO" = Chief Enrollment Officer: A leader who is proactive, building relationships with new families and maintaining high enrollment to make sure the children in our community have access to the best curriculum available.
- Brand Ambassador: A leader who is proud of our excellent reputation and carries that excellence into the community (local schools, families, and other networks) by promoting and marketing the Community Day Early Childhood Center. Articulate in explaining the importance of early childhood education (ECE) in a child's development.
- Great Communicator: A leader who cultivates relationships with teachers and families to create a positive team spirit throughout the school. Responsive in creating positive partnerships with families by serving as a resource and responding to questions and concerns. Respects the dignity of every child and advocates for their educational needs.
- Smiling and Adaptable: A leader who engages with our bustling Early Education school as it is filled with fun and activity of all kinds. The Director should be organized, efficient, and able to multitask while strategically resolving challenges.
- Conscientious of Learning Environments: A leader who oversees the maintenance of our beautiful new campus and safe, joyful, stimulating learning environments.
- An appreciation for diversity and the teaching of universal values to students of all faiths through Jewish values, traditions, and practices.
- Able to manage the vision and purpose of Reggio-inspired education philosophy, while enhancing the diversity and inclusion of thought, experience, and cultures within an educational setting.
- High sense of integrity with ability to maintain composure and relate well to individuals of all levels, experiences, and backgrounds. Able to manage conflict effectively, set priorities, and inform/communicate with proper constituents.
- Fosters a nurturing, inclusive, and engaging natural environment which reflects respect and compassion that is supportive of - and accessible to - children.
- Lifelong learner who consistently grows their own breadth of knowledge and skill sets while encouraging the same development for all Early Childhood Education Center staff.
- Preferred candidates will have at least three years of strong leadership experience at the Director level.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in early childhood education.
- Must be on track to obtain Director license requirements for Florida within the first year of employment.
- Experience as a mentor/coach to an early childhood team.
- Must pass all background checks and meet all state requirements.
- Preferred experience with Reggio and/or Montessori philosophy, Independent school administration and/or non-profit management.
- Experience using Google Docs and Drive with the ability to learn within 3-6 months.
- Proficiency using various email/early childhood specific programs and application
55,000 - 65,000
The mission of Hershorin Schiff Community Day School is to impact the world by creating a community where children of all faiths demonstrate integrity (tzedek), academic excellence (limud), and a desire to improve the world (tikkun olam). Our vision is to impact the world through academic excellence, global citizenship, and compassionate action.
This position will be located at
Hershorin Schiff Community Day School, 4335 Wilkinson Road, Sarasota, FL 34233