Location and Job Title:
JEA Preschool Savannah Assistant Director
Jewish Educational Alliance
5111 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31405
The Early Childhood Education Assistant Director (AD) is a full-time, year round position at a thriving, growing, state of the art program. The ideal candidate demonstrates leadership abilities by creating and maintaining an engaging, meaningful and stimulating learning environment based in Jewish values for faculty, children and families enrolled. The AD is responsible to function as the Teaching and Learning Coordinator to ensure that the school operates in accordance with JEA policies, procedures, and state licensing standards to provide a safe, educational environment for children, faculty and families.
AD will be an active and engaged partner with the Director in planning and assuring that the strategic and enrollment goals of the school are achieved. AD will also assume the Director's responsibilities and duties in the absence of the Director. The successful candidate will exceed expectations for delivering exceptional customer service and pedagogic strategies, processes and methods to families/children enrolled at the school, creating a warm sense of community and learning.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Support teachers in planning and implementing learning experiences and daily routines that meet the Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning and the Jewish Community Center Association Early Learning Framework, Sheva;
- Plan and execute faculty professional development based on Early Childhood latest research and best practices, aligned with the Sheva Framework and GA Department of Early Care and Learning;
- Be a resource to educators and families in regard to best practices in Jewish Early Childhood Education by providing literature, facilitating conversation and exposing them to community resources;
- Model best practices within and without the classroom, including but are not limited to classroom management, diverse learning needs, and emotional responsive practice;
- Support new teachers during the introduction process;
- Participate in weekly teacher planning meetings, age group meetings, and individual reflective supervision with teachers;
- Assist in creating a collaborative community of learners among the teachers;
- Manage classroom coverage by arranging substitute teachers and reassigning faculty, when necessary, to adhere to the teacher-child ratio;
- Support the Director with on-going and timely communication with program families;
- Participate in ongoing conferences, courses and professional development provided by the JEA and other outside resources to meet GA Bright From the Start licensing requirements;
- Assist Director in purchasing educational materials;
- Serve on the JEA ECE committee;
- Plan and direct summer camp program;
- Be CPR and First Aid certified (or obtain same) within the first three months of employment;
- Be a lifelong learner;
- Be a reliable, trustworthy, self-starter who has the ability to make good judgments that reflect positively on the Preschool and entire JEA community.
- Completed undergraduate degree in Early Childhood or related field. Masters degree preferred;
- Minimum 3 years experience working with young children;
- Strong understanding of child development, Inquiry based learning and experience;
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish values, culture and traditions;
- Strong organizational, personal and computer skills;
- Creativity in developing new programming;
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple initiatives;
- Strong, confident leadership skills and presence
45,000 - 55,000
Since 1912, the JEA (Savannah's Jewish Community Center) has been dedicated to ensuring a strong and vibrant Jewish life and community for generations to come.The JEA is a full service JCC including indoor and outdoor pools, multiple basketball courts, Fitness Center, meeting spaces, and a range of year round cultural activities including Jewish Film Festival, musical concerts, speakers and other varied cultural, holiday festivals, dinners, and observances.Our children and family programs including afterschool, vacation camp programs and summer camps are highly respected and in demand in the community.There are wide arrays of enriching activities in our community designed to meet the needs of everyone from infants to adults.
Savannah is one of America's most desirable historical communities featuring wonderful southern hospitality, world class culture, spectacular weather year-round (no snow!) and a 285 year history of high-quality Jewish life.