Location and Job Title:
Welcome Center Associate
The Roth Family JCC of Greater Orlando
851 N Maitland Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751
The Welcome Center Associate is responsible for providing superior customer service, checking in members and guests, and performing general office duties and tasks. You're not just a number-you're joining a family. We offer benefits like free gym membership, free fitness classes, complimentary swimming pool access, discounted sports leagues and more. In addition, our employees receive up to 15 paid holidays, plus 2 weeks of personal time. JCC employees with children also receive discounts on our nationally accredited early childhood center, comprehensive after school program, and award-winning summer camp, with offerings from preschool-aged to the middle schoolers' travel camp.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Membership Director, with hours of Monday-Thursdays, 2:15-10:15 p.m. and Fridays, 10:15 a.m.-6:15 p.m.
- Administer building opening or closing procedures
- Field all incoming phone calls in a professional, customer service-friendly manner
- Meets and greets members and guests and serves as the first point of contact to the JCC
- field member check-in process
- ensure proper photo ID process for community members
- Ensure that members' needs are met through personal recognition and by providing quality service, building rapport with members and guests
- Maintain security and safety policies and procedures for entry for all guests and members
- Offer assistance and information about the JCC and the Jewish community
- Input member and participant data into appropriate databases as directed
- Assist member or guest with membership applications or program activity forms
- Serve as a liaison to maintenance staff for immediate needs
- Handle member concerns quickly, politely and effectively
- Actively seek information about all JCC and campus programs to be well-educated about all events and activities that are occurring
- Report any equipment/facility problems
- Assist Sports and Wellness department in up-keep of area
- Take photos and print membership cards for new members, and replacement cards for current members as needed
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Additional responsibilities as assigned ranging from administrative projects to making programmatic recruitment phone calls.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Clear and friendly communicator with strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a busy environment
- A track record of strong follow-through and organizational skills
- Experience in a customer service setting
- Experience with data entry
- Knowledge of Jewish community and basic customs preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
25,000 - 35,000
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental handicap, or veteran status.
Since 1973, The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando in Maitland has been the center of Jewish life in Central Florida and home to award-winning preschool, after school, summer camp, fitness, sports, arts and community programs.