Location and Job Title:
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
The Aquatics Director is primarily responsible for directing, overseeing and maintaining all aspects of the aquatics programs of the GJCC. The Aquatics Director is responsible for the direct supervision of the swim lesson program, aquatics maintenance, swim team, the lifeguard staff and ensuring the health and safety of members during the operating hours of the GJCC. S/he will be responsible for and is expected to provide excellence in customer service, water safety and instruction, and cleanliness in all aquatics facilities, hiring and training of staff and developing programs for all ages.
The Aquatics Director must be detail oriented and well organized, with the ability to plan activities and schedules several months in advance. This person must be flexible and able to handle multiple projects at the same time. The Aquatics Director is expected to be innovative, imaginative team player who provides a positive role model for members and other staff.
- Develop, implement, supervise and evaluate comprehensive, creative and progressive aquatics programs for participants of all ages.
- Keep informed of various trends and programs in the community and nationally that may be introduced, adapted to and have effect on JCC programs.
- Work with ECLC Director to provide group swim lessons to classes and to promote private lessons to families.
- Work with Camp Davis Director to ensure summer camp swimming needs are met, providing necessary swim instructors and lifeguards for campers
- Continually evaluate programs, solicit feedback, review and analyze results.
- Prepare statistical reports pertaining to departmental usage.
- Manage and oversee the general maintenance, safety and upkeep of the indoor and outdoor pools
- Maintaining appropriate pool chemistry levels and compliance with all Department of Health standards
- Management and purchase of all pool supplies, including chemicals
- Work cooperatively with the Facilities Department and outside services to both service and repair pool as needed.
Staffing and Supervision
- Recruit, supervise, train, and evaluate all aquatics staff including lifeguards, swim instructors and swim team coaches.
- Hold regularly scheduled staff meetings for aquatics personnel to establish and monitor department goals as well as maintain safety standards.
- Provide on-the-job supervision, as well as back-up support and fill-in where needed in the absence of instructors or coaches.
Administrative and Budgeting
- Establish and monitor department goals.
- Participate in the development of and be responsible for the administration of the departmental budget. Monitor budget compliance monthly.
- Manage payroll.
- Purchase and maintain appropriate inventory of needed supplies and equipment for the Aquatics program.
Marketing and Communication
- Work with membership department to funnel leads from new member joins and existing members into aquatics programs.
- Work with marketing department to create flyers, boards, banners, eblasts and any other material to promote aquatics programs.
- Communicate policies and programs to families and promote family participation in special programs and events.
Community and Gordon JCC:
- Use excellent customer service skills to establish and maintain relationships with members and the general public.
- Serve as professional staff to the Aquatics Committee.
- Participate in staffing major Gordon JCC programs or events outside of the department when assigned.
Membership and participation in professional communal organizations encouraged.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Leslie@nashvillejcc.org
- BA plus 5 years managerial experience in aquatics related field
- Current WSI and LGI Certification, including CPR and first aid, required
- Current CPO Certification preferred
- Must possess good decision making and problem-solving skills
- Must possess leadership skills and be able to delegate, motivate, and inspire team members
- Must exhibit honesty and integrity
- Must be organized and able manage and prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and manage time
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must be able to take initiative to solve problems and be willing to seek assistance in solving problems
- Must be able to communicate well, in written communication and verbally
- Must be able to effectively and in a timely manner respond to requests from others
This position description is intended to comply with all known state and federal regulations and includes accommodation re-evaluations.
$45,000 - $55,000
The Gordon Jewish Community Center (Gordon JCC) is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational, educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, it is a place where non-Jews are welcome to join, play and learn side by side with their Jewish neighbors. Camp Davis, established in 1930's, provides a day camp experience for hundreds of school-age children each summer.