Location and Job Title:
Club J Instructor
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
Position Title: Club J Instructor
SALARY/STATUS: $15.00-$16.00 per hour DOE / Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Under the direction of the Club J and Children's Programs Manager as well as the Club J Site Coordinator, the Club J Instructor is responsible for assisting the Lead Instructor in organizing and implementing Club J programming as well as Camp Jaycee 365 programming. The Club J Instructor is responsible for facilitating and maintaining safe, fun, and age appropriate activities within enrichment classes, and ensuring all Club J participants feel welcomed and respected. Club J Instructors follow Club J's mission, policies and guidelines, and establish positive relationships with families, participants and staff. Club J Instructors serve as representatives of the LFJCC on both the LFJCC and SDJA campus.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field preferred, not required.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience working direct service with children.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Must complete Club J training.
- Demonstrated ability to run youth programs.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service.
- Must be able to use good, sound judgement and handle emergency situations.
- Must be able to physically and mentally engage in all Club J activities.
- Exhibit characteristics of leadership, responsibility, patience, dependability, maturity, integrity, ability to work independently, and display a positive attitude.
- Able to participate in all physical activities with Club J participants (such as running, swimming, playing sports, leading games and crafts).
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, and bending.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Must have the visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have physical capacity to set up daily activities and demonstrate/participate in the same activities.
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate emergency management techniques.
- Ability to physically perform CPR.
- Ability to do light lifting (maximum 25 lbs.) as needed is required.
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.