Location and Job Title:
The Roth Family JCC of Greater Orlando
851 N Maitland Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, the Membership Sales has overall responsibility for developing and implementing The Roth Family JCC's strategy for Membership, including but not limited to the recruitment and sales of new members and the retention of existing members. Working directly with the various Department Directors the Director oversees all aspects of membership including the integration of membership into the JCC annual campaign. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, high-energy, persuasive and organized, while possessing an unequivocal level of customer service, diplomacy and discretion.
- Develop sales strategy including internal and external marketing activities to achieve lead generation, referrals and membership sales.
- Ensure execution of annual membership plans through analysis and monthly reporting
- Identify target demographics and community groups for acquisition campaigns.
- Work with department heads in generating seasonal acquisition and retention sales campaigns
- Generate new leads through cold calling and business to business prospecting
- Evaluate sales trends and make modifications as necessary
- Create and execute on site events to generate new leads
- Develop relationships with local businesses and corporations resulting in new corporate membership sales
- Report membership sales results as requested by CPO and/or the CEO
- Achieve membership sales goals
- Manage sales and program databases and membership lists
- Utilize membership software to obtain membership goals
- Sell and steward facility rentals to meet or exceed budgeted goals
- Manage and execute member retention activities including onboarding programs, newcomer events, member only activities and member appreciation events
- Develop a retention strategy/awards system to maintain the current membership base
- Regularly develop a survey for all current members to facilitate changes and improvements
- Participate in marketing development and introduce membership to businesses in the Orlando area
- Develop promotional material to offer partnerships to local businesses
- Host/Attend community outreach events
- Develop relationship with local business groups (chamber of commerce etc.) to educate the community about the JCC.
- Identify new opportunities for membership expansion in geographic areas currently being underserved by the Roth Family JCC
- Offer concierge level of service to members and guests
- Create and implement a check in process (in person, phone and email) with all members
- Follow up with members when experiences are coming to an end to communicate the continuation of upcoming programs and services
- Supports all JCC special events
- Work proactively and collaboratively with all JCC staff and departments
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Background in hospitality and/or business administration is a plus
- A minimum of 2-5 years of sales/membership experience and demonstration of meeting and exceeding goals.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with an internal team, a cross-functional team, and external parties in a rapidly growing environment
- Dynamic personality: Enthusiastic, energetic, friendly & personable
- Team Player
- Growth mindset
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Goal-oriented and self-directed
- Ability to connect with, inspire and motivate others
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professionalism: polished appearance, phone, email and social media manner, email
- Knowledge of budgeting and revenue generation
- Strong social media skills
- Flexibility: able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Required Attributes and Competencies
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (safety/weight belt provided, if requested). Specific vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate controlled office and the noise is usually moderate.
Travel may be required.
As the duties, responsibilities, qualifications and competencies described here are necessarily subject to change, I acknowledge that revisions to the job description may occur. All such changes will be communicated and I understand that revised information may supersede, modify, or eliminate existing statements in the job description document.
I have received the job description, and I understand that it is my responsibility to read, understand, and be able to perform the work described herein and revisions made to it.
$35,000 - $45,000
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental handicap, or veteran status.
Since 1973, The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando in Maitland has been the center of Jewish life in Central Florida and home to award-winning preschool, after school, summer camp, fitness, sports, arts and community programs.