Location and Job Title:
Program Team Operations Coordinator
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood
54 Nagle Ave
New York, NY 10040
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Alex Quail at email@example.com
About the Job
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer and working closely with the Program Leadership Team, the Operations Coordinator, Program Team will provide proactive, responsive, and effective operational and administrative support and serve as a central resource in the coordination of essential office-related administrative matters, while ensuring compliance with operational policies and procedures.
Program Leadership Team:
- Provide general operational and administrative support to the CPO and, on a need basis, to the Program Leadership Team.
- Support Program Leadership Team with bookings and general logistical/administrative needs of trips and special events.
- Manage all Program Teams bookings for program spaces, both at the Y and externally.
- Manage all operational aspects of rentals of Y spaces to external vendors.
- Coordinate all logistical aspects related to the Program Teams staff meetings, including printing and purchasing required materials, taking minutes when required, and supporting the Leadership Team with follow up where necessary.
- Research, compare, compile, and report to Program Leadership Team on potential content providers and subcontractors that might be suitable for our programs. Ensure subcontractors are in compliance with the Ys, DOHs and DYCDs requirements.
- Oversee the process of digitizing old program records by year and program area. This may involves supervising interns.
Coordination with Finance and HR Departments:
- Manage all aspects of the inventory and procurement processes for the Program Team. This includes centralizing requests, running market comparisons, obtaining approval, purchasing, categorizing expenses by program and funding source, distributing to each program, and reporting to Finance Team and to Chief Program Officer.
- In coordination with the Finance Department and Managing Directors, manage expenditures, reporting, and replenishment of petty cash for Y programs located in external sites (mostly Washington Heights and Morningside Heights).
- Centralize the Program Teams credit card purchases, ensuring appropriate approvals, labeling by program and function, and submission of backup receipts to Finance Team.
- Centralize and submit on a weekly basis all approved check requests to the Finance Team. On a need basis, track dates in which the checks are cut, sent, and cashed.
- Ensure Subcontractor Agreements are completed, notarized, approved by Program Leadership Team, and submitted to the Finance Team, in a timely manner.
- Support Program Directors in preparing pre-hiring packages for new staff containing all documentation required by the Ys HR Department.
- Responsible for all logistical aspects of new-hires onboarding. This includes ensuring offices and equipment are fully in place to warmly welcome new hires, supporting supervisors with the scheduling of onboarding meetings, guiding new hires through the initial trainings, and training new hires on the Program Teams processes.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Full-time position
- 40 hours per week with ? hour unpaid lunch. Usual hours will be 9:30am - 6:00pm with room for flexibility. Might include occasional evenings and/or weekends.
- Compensation range of $40,000 - $45,000 based on experience, skillset, and education.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and competitive benefits package: Health Insurance; Retirement Plan; Optional 403b Plan; Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Account; Commuter Benefit Plan; Free Y Fitness Center Membership
- Able to travel to and from work.
- Able to take public transportation during work hours
- Able to carry medium to large-sized bags and packages to programs and meetings in different parts of the city (30 pounds).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent demeanor and supportive attitude.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to details
- Comfortable dealing with change and fluid environment; flexible and adaptable.
- Able to clearly and appropriately communicate in a variety of settings and styles both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in the use of Google Suite, MS Office applications, DYCD Connect, and other technology platforms for youth programs.
- Bi-lingual speaker (Spanish and English) - preferred
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.A. preferred. High School Diploma required.
- Experience working in the field of youth development or youth workforce development preferred.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other functions and responsibilities may change or may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
$35,000 - $45,000
Established in 1917 as one of the first Jewish community centers in New York City, the YM & YWHA of Washington Heights and Inwood (the Y) is a thriving and visionary not-for-profit human services organization in Northern Manhattan. We welcome people of diverse ethnicities and all ages, from pre-school to older adults, into the Y family with a wide range of educational, recreational and social services and programs that focus on improving the quality of their lives. With a long and distinguished history, the Y is a multi-service community center that is well known for its nurturing environment and non-judgmental philosophy.