Location and Job Title:
Inclusion Program Manager
Jewish for Good at the Levin JCC
1937 W. Cornwallis Road
Durham, NC 27705
The Inclusion Program Manager is a fulltime, salaried exempt position. This role oversees all aspects of our inclusion program.
Manager level positions at Jewish for Good are members of the Professional Staff and serve as the face of their department, responsible for all day-to-day operations.
This position reports to our Camp Director.
Jewish for Good was founded with inclusion as a core value, from our zero-entry pools to our programmatic initiatives for children with disabilities at Camp Shelanu. This position is responsible for enacting that core value throughout our programs.
Overall Organizational Role:
- Be an ambassador of Jewish for Good's inclusion policies and practices
- address questions or concerns that may arise regarding inclusion as it connects to all programs
- Be the key staff member on Inclusion Advisory committee.
- Develop and cultivate community partners
- Plan and implement programs for people with disabilities and their families
- Family Connections, Inclusion Havdalah, Sensory-Friendly Swims, social skills groups, etc.
- Coordinate Jewish Disability Month, including the JDAIM Art Show, cross-departmental programs, communications, etc
- Regularly assess facilities and policies to ensure we continue to provide a space barrier free for participants.
- Work with hiring managers and Volunteer Coordinator on supported volunteer program
- Support staff on inclusion
- Serve on Safety and Security Committee
- Provide annual staff training for all employees regarding inclusion best practices.
- Support program staff on designing inclusive programs.
- In the Elementary School and Early Childhood programs, provide behavior observations and work with teachers on behavioral interventions (not instructional or educational assessment or intervention)
- Aid HR in developing work place accommodations when requested; work with hiring managers on inclusion best practices in hiring and supervising.
Camp Shelanu Role:
- Hire, train and support all Camp Shelanu inclusion staff.
- Provide training for all Camp Shelanu staff regarding our inclusion policies and practices.
- Meet with parents to best understand the needs of their child in a pre-camp assessment.
- Match campers with staff to ensure we are setting all campers up for success.
- Develop schedules and aids for campers and model techniques for inclusion staff.
- Be a resource for general camp staff and specialist regarding program adaptations.
- Aid inclusion staff in daily communication with parents.
- Step in to assist camper and staff when needed.
- Oversee all medications required for campers.
- A degree in education, special education, or related field or equivalent experience
- Previous experience and interest working with children with disabilities
- Previous experience in a supervisory role
- Creative, flexible, and professional
- Dependability, communication skills, and an excellent work ethic
- Ability to both give and receive guidance, and supervisory experience
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications required
- Must complete a child sexual abuse prevention trainings before beginning work
$45,000 - $55,000
Jewish for Good at the Levin JCC is an integrated organization, which includes what in other communities is considered the JCC, Jewish Family Services, Jewish Community Foundation, and Jewish Federation. Additionally under the umbrella, now includes the Lerner Jewish Community Day School.
Visit www.jewishforgood.org for more info about Jewish for Good at the Levin JCC.