Location and Job Title:
Health & Fitness Director
Milton & Betty Katz JCC
501 N Jerome Ave
Margate City, NJ 08402
The Health & Fitness Director is primarily responsible for directing, overseeing, supervising and maintaining all aspects of the fitness and wellness programs of the JCC. The Health & Fitness Director will be responsible for and is expected to maintain the highest standard of safety and cleanliness for the fitness facilities, hiring and training of staff and developing programs for all ages utilizing all areas of the departments.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.jccatlantic.org
- Maintain records and statistics with respect to JCC Fitness Department and programs (i.e.: schedules, class schedules, maintenance schedules of equipment, facility usage, etc.)
- Supervises and provides ongoing training for Fitness Center staff, Group Fitness instructors and other part-time fitness staff.
- Responsible for ordering supplies and equipment for fitness facilities and ensuring that equipment is properly maintained.
- Maintain ongoing communication with members and participants in Fitness Center, Group Fitness programs and fitness related programs.
- Participate in the JCC registration of classes and programs.
- Prepare Fitness Budget and programs along with department goals for year.
- Develop, coordinate and administer programs for JCC members related to fitness for all age groups including classes, programs, special events, etc.
- Develop a safe, well-rounded environment for all participants in JCC fitness programs & facility.
- Participate in Fitness Center Floor coverage.
- Participate in regular Health and Fitness coverage, (daily supervision of Health and Fitness facilities, programs, staff, etc.) 1-2 nights a week.
- Along with maintenance department provide ongoing maintenance to H&F equipment and facilities. Report unclean conditions and malfunctioning equipment.
- Assist in the promotion of H&F department and integration with other JCC departments to ensure the productive, effective and efficient operation of the Agency.
- As a professional representative of the agency, maintain proper relationships with public and private agencies for the purpose of developing inter-agency programs.
- Additional responsibilities may be added periodically based upon the needs of the H&F department of the Katz JCC.
- It is essential that all staff participate in a variety of agency wide activities. Staff should be knowledgeable about our agency and be able to respond appropriately with accurate information.
The Health & Fitness Director is expected to be innovative, imaginative and provide a positive role model for members and other staff. They must be detail oriented and well organized, with the ability to plan activities and schedules several months in advance. This person must be flexible and able to handle multiple projects at the same time. It is understood that this position will require evening and weekend hours. This position requires independent judgment, initiative and advanced administrative skills.
- B.S. degree in Fitness, Exercise Science or related field
- 3-5 Years Managerial Experience.
- Certifications in: First Aid / CPR / AED / ACE / NSCA / ACSM
- Good working knowledge of Group Fitness
- Proven ability to manage fitness facility and staff
- Strong organizational skills, good communication skills, friendly outgoing attitude.
- Ability to work well with others toward a common goal.
- Continue with trainings and seminars relevant to the departmental needs and changing trends.
- Must have Covid-19 Vaccination
$55,000 - $65,000
The majority of our programming operates in the Milton and Betty Katz Jewish Community Center by the beautiful Atlantic Ocean and its expansive beaches located at 501 N Jerome Avenue, Margate, NJ. We are a non-profit, and there are lots of room for growth and learning opportunities.
The mission of the Milton and Betty Katz JCC of Atlantic County is to foster an appreciation of Jewish identity, values and culture, to promote the health, education and welfare of our members, to strengthen Jewish family life, to build a sense of community and ensure Jewish continuity for our children, our children's children, and ourselves.
Here at the JCC we are committed to creating an inclusive culture where all employees feel welcomed and valued.