Location and Job Title:
Early Childhood Educator
JCC of Metropolitan Detroit
6600 W Maple Rd
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Cynthia Goodman at email@example.com
Our Early Childhood Educators are responsible for providing a stimulating, safe, and developmentally appropriate environment for the children in our care. They ensure children have the opportunity to develop a variety of skills, including social, emotional, cognitive, and physical. The Early Childhood Educator generates structured lesson plans for classroom learning and may at times assist with supervision of Teacher's Aides/Assistants.
- Develop and execute weekly lesson plans, along with the needed supplies and environment to successfully complete each plan.
- Utilize the daily parent communication app to record/report each child's day.
- Provide a developmentally appropriate environment based on learning and growth. While performing regular evaluations of children to address individual developmental needs in curriculum adjustments.
- Ability to assist children one on one who are having difficulty in the group, or who temporarily lose their physical or emotional control.
- Effectively communicate and work with fellow staff to provide a cohesive working environment.
- Willingness to assist with children's basic needs, including but not limited to, child self-care, diaper changing, potty training, meals/snacks, etc.
- Supervise play activities by: Interacting with the children, intervening when children are likely to injure themselves or each other, knowing how many children you have at all times.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment, while understanding and implementing emergency procedures if needed.
- Exhibit professionalism by respecting the confidentiality of the children and their families, and by refraining from discussing one's own personal life while in the work environment.
- Arrange proper coverage when needed due to personal absence.
- Understand and follow the staff guidelines and procedures set forth by the Child Development Center/Director/ Assistant Director.
- Attending all staff meetings as called by the Director and/or Assistant Directors.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director and/or Assistant Directors
REQUIRED CONTINUED TRAINING
- Complete 24 hours of training annually required by Great Start to Quality
- Training should include but is not limited to topics such as: First aid and CPR, Health and safety, Child development, and o Supervision and care of children
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or a child related field (Preferred)
- Child Development Associate Degree or Associate credential (Preferred)
- Up to date immunizations
- Prior experience working in childcare
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) to members, guests, and management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks
- Experience in with Windows, including a working knowledge of Word, Email, and parent communication platforms
- Commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting deadlines
- Good communication, problem solving, and priority setting skills
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude/disposition
$35,000 - $45,000
The mission of the Jewish Community Center of Metropolitan Detroit is to support Jewish unity,ensure Jewish continuity and enrich Jewish life while conveying the importance of well-being within the Jewish and general community and the people of Israel.