Location and Job Title:
Early Childhood Center Curriculum Director
Bonnie & Donald Dwares JCC of the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island
401 Elmgrove Ave
Providence, RI 02906
Position Title: Early Childhood Center Curriculum Director
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Reports to: Chief Program Director
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Michelle Cicchitelli email@example.com
The David C. Isenberg Family Early Childhood Center seeks a Curriculum Director to provide educational content to staff elevating the educational content of the program. Through creative and substantive collaborations, the curriculum director will help promote the importance of developmentally appropriate curriculum to classroom teachers. Additionally, they will have strong relationship-building skills, knowledge of/willingness to learn holidays and rhythms of Jewish life, creativity, enthusiasm for teamwork and collaboration, attention to detail and an eye for design.
- Develop and implement a child-centered, developmentally appropriate curriculum and practices, blending Rhode Island Early Learning and Developmental Standards, Jewish/human values, and our overall vision and mission of the school.
- Maintain licenses and accreditations including DHS, BrightStars and NAEYC, and assist teachers in creating and executing lesson plans, activities and daily routines based on requirements.
- Supervise, coach and mentor teaching staff, including regular classroom observations, providing one-on-one reflection, ongoing feedback, and team meetings.
- Provide and support teachers with current pedagogical research, resources and best practices through teaching, modeling, and facilitating as needed.
- Work with teachers to create a curricular map and scope and sequence chart with clear goals for each specific age and individual children utilizing formal and informal assessments to inform growth and future lesson plans.
- Assist teachers with utilizing a variety of assessment techniques and the reporting of student progress as needed during parent/teacher conferences.
- Provide support in classroom management if needed.
- Coordinate with districts and county regarding outside services for students with special needs working with providers and teachers to gear our program to meet the needs of individual children as necessary.
- Advise, choose, create, and distribute instructional supplies, materials, and equipment to align with the curriculum.
- Oversee new teachers' orientation through follow-up on learning classroom routines, curriculum implementation, family communication and general school policies and procedures.
- Serve as a member of the Youth and Family team, working together to plan family events, open house, orientation, and other holiday and special events for the school and community at large.
- Help coordinate and facilitate ECC staff meetings.
- Work collaboratively with Youth and Family team, parents, community members, other JCC departments in creating and promoting cross departmental programs and opportunities.
- Complete a minimum of twenty hours of professional development yearly, while monitoring, supporting, and finding opportunities for teachers to also complete their twenty hours. Facilitate professional development if applicable.
- Other relevant tasks as determined by the Chief Program Officer.
- Demonstrated experience with the Alliance's core values and a clear commitment to them.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Bachelor s Degree required, Master s Degree preferred, in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Comprehensive understanding of the developmental stages of children between 3 and 60 months.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects. Strong organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, including occasional nights and weekends.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment and effectively interact with all levels of management, community leaders, donors, and volunteers.
- Minimum of 5+ years of hands-on childcare teaching experience with program development preferred.
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Maintain current certification in Pediatric First Aid and CPR of infants and children and have training in the administration of medication.
The David C. Isenberg Family Early Childhood Center is a program of the Dwares JCC which provides social, cultural, educational, recreational, and wellness-related needs to the Jewish Community and the greater Rhode Island community. It serves individuals and families and welcomes all ages, faiths, and backgrounds.
The Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all regardless of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, military/veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We sincerely believe that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success as an organization.