Location and Job Title:
Payroll & Accounts Payable Associate (Park Heights campus)
JCC of Greater Baltimore
Park Heights Campus
5700 Park Heights Ave
The Payroll and Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for processing payroll and maintaining employee records on a bi-weekly basis. Provide support to employees and supervisors as needed.Download payroll reports and create new reports as needed.In addition, this person is responsible for processing all invoices for payment, running A/P checks, adding and maintaining vendors and running reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for processing 300+ employees on a bi-weekly basis. This amount increases by approximately 200 during the summer. Review payroll register in-depth for accuracy.
- Provide related payroll related reporting and customer service for employees and management staff.
- Ensure that all time sheets and time away request records are correct and authorized. Communicate with supervisors as needed. Enter any "Quick Entry" payroll entries as needed,
- Provide customer support for employees and managers as needed, including password resets, timesheet issues and entitlement balances.
- Download and maintain monthly payroll and tax reports.
- File paperwork into employee folders.
- Cross train as needed.
- Assist with year-end audit and IRS reporting.
- Opens mail on a daily basis, Stamps date received for all invoices and packing slips. Checks invoice for accuracy, which includes verifying discounts where applicable and eliminating sales tax if includes.
- Distributes invoices electronically to appropriate staff for verification and budget information. Maintains a record of forwarded invoices.
- Processes invoices for payment on a daily basis which includes maintaining accurate and current vendor list.
- Once invoices are processed making sure entries are balanced. Informs Controller to check for accuracy and budget coding. After invoices have been entered, files alphabetically in the processed file.
- Runs cash analysis report and reviews invoices that acquire to be processed for payment according to the payment dates. Forwards cash analysis report to the CFO for approval.
- Runs Accounts Payable checks. Mails checks and files check stubs and invoices.
- Assists vendors and staff in identifying payment problems and inquiries as to payment dates. Also, reviews are done on vendor statements. Requests may be sent to the vendor for invoices not paid from the statement.
- On a yearly basis, deactivate vendors with no activity over the past eighteen months.
- Produces year-end form 1099 for all independent contractors making over $ 600 per year.
- Participates in departmental and agency training, staff meetings, committees and special events.
- Maintains and enforces agency policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required or directed.
The work environment is usually fast paced. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff as well as with members, other agency staff, community leaders, and outside partners, vendors, others. May require occasional weekend and evening hours.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Increased knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use in varied situations.
- High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- One to three years of work experience.
- Microsoft Office with proficiency in advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organization and time management skills (through flexibility and ability to multi-task).
- Knowledge with Ceridian Dayforce and MIP Non-Profit Accounting software is a plus.
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills.Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with staff, members, lay leaders and customers/vendors.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain degree of confidentiality.
45,000 - 55,000
JCC membership is like becoming a part of a family, everyone truly is welcome! Drop by and take a tour; you won't believe how many wonderful recreational, educational, social and cultural activities you will find here. There really is something for everyone! Members enjoy a wide variety of benefits including free group fitness classes and use of our Fitness Center, Aquatics Center, Parenting Center, Teen Center and Performing Arts Center. Special member rates save you money on many classes and events as well.