Location and Job Title:
Social Worker, Clearview Assistance Program (CAP) NORC
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
- Schedule: Full-time, Monday through Friday, 35 hours; special events may require evening or Sunday hours.
- Office Location: Whitestone, Queens
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Functions as part of a multidisciplinary team consisting of social workers, nurses and administrative staff
- Provides case management, case assistance and advocacy for older adults in the office, in their homes and via telephone. All services are currently being provided in a virtual environment.
- Assists seniors in identifying and applying for benefits and entitlements for which they may qualify
- Documents all client contacts in the NYC Department for the Aging's Peer Place application in a timely manner
- Meets with potential new members to explain services available
- Facilitates support groups, educational/recreational activities and intergenerational programming to meet contractual obligations and the needs of Clearview Gardens residents over the age of 60
- Collaborates with program team to create new programming, special events, calendars, flyers, and program guide descriptions for activities
- Interfaces with NORC Advisory Board members, Program Officers from DFTA and NYSOFA
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Master's Degree in Social Work. Experience working with older adults.
- Computer literacy required and willingness to learn how to utilize technology to provide programming in a virtual space.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and a car available to drive to home visits and other CPQ sites.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is require
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.