Location and Job Title:
The Memphis Jewish Community Center (MJCC)
6560 Poplar Ave.
Memphis, TN 38138
The Aquatics Director will provide leadership and supervision of all aspects of the Aquatics Department including operations Indoor Pool, Outdoor Waterpark and all swim programs.
The Aquatics Director must be detail oriented and well organized, with the ability to plan activities and schedules several months in advance. This person must be flexible and able to handle multiple projects at the same time, develop and supervise creative and progressive swim lessons and swim team programs, and provide a positive role model for swimmers, instructors and coaches
Staffing and Supervision
- Recruit, supervise, train, schedule and evaluate swim instructors
- Supervise and maintain credentials for staff as needed
- Lifeguard and teach swim lessons as needed
- MOD shifts as assigned.
Facility and Equipment
- Ensure that all pools are maintained to Department of Health standards
- Ensure that all pools and related facilities are kept clean and tidy
Marketing and Communication
- Clearly communicate policies and programs to families to promote participation
- Work with marketing department to create flyers, boards, banners, eblasts and any other material to promote swim lesson and swim team programs.
- Plan the annual department budget; manage and implement the approved budget and take appropriate action to correct variances
- Responsible for ordering equipment and supplies for the aquatics department and ensure that equipment is properly secured and maintained
- Participate in regular departmental meetings and building coverage
- Ability to supervise and train staff and schedule work assignments.
- Minimum of three years of aquatics supervision experience.
- CPR/AED certified for professional rescuer.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) License or ability to obtain one within six months of hire date.
- WSI (American Red Cross) or comparable certification required.
- Swim instruction experience required
- Ability to certify CPR and lifeguards preferred.
- Water fitness instruction experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
$45,000 - $55,000
Located on 24 amazing acres in the heart of East Memphis, The Memphis Jewish Community Center has something for everyone of all shapes and sizes. We have an amazing Early Childhood Center, an expanded Fitness Center, a large outdoor water park, an Art House, Senior Adult gatherings, Summer Camp, After School activities, and most importantly a welcoming environment.