Location and Job Title:
Full Time Senior Lifeguard & Swim Instructor
JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your Aquatics skills as part of an outstanding team? In this newly created position, the Full Time Senior Lifeguard and Swim Instructor's primary responsibility will be to lifeguard and teach swim lessons, as needed.This individual will also assist in customer communications and overflow of administrative duties.JCC Greater Boston is a dynamic, friendly place to work where there is a strong sense of teamwork and of doing work which makes a difference.
The JCC is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. We welcome staff and participants from diverse backgrounds. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background. We are guided by JCC Greater Boston core values - Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation - which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish.
- Teach swim lessons and lifeguard as needed
- Deliver excellent customer service to all members and all program participants
- Assist in supervising and mentoring less experienced lifeguards and instructors
- Assist in onboarding, training, and evaluating lifeguards
- Maintain facility according to scheduled duties, which may include chemical maintenance, cleaning and storing of equipment and repairs
- Supplemental administrative duties revolving around operations management for indoor and outdoor pools
- Adhere to all pool safety standards as required by the State Board of Health and the JCC
- Maintain high levels of cleanliness based on pool policy and procedure
- Maintain all certifications according to local and national agencies
- Support JCC Greater Boston's mission, values and strategic goals
- Participate in staff meetings and contribute to overall organizational success
- Open and/or close the pool according to procedure
In addition to a rewarding position where you care for a community, the JCC Greater Boston provides excellent benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Health care benefits
- Outstanding working environment including free parking
- Complimentary access to the JCC Greater Boston facility in Newton - offering indoor swimming, classes and workout facilities
JCC Greater Boston welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds who meet the requirements specified above. If you want to share your talents with a wonderful community and a great team, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard and CPR/AED certification required
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) certification preferred
- Other industry specific certifications (LKSA, CPO) within first 30 days of employment
- Prior lifeguard and swimming experience required
- Excellent customer service skills (prior experience preferred)
- Flexible schedule is a must.Ability to work early morning, evenings and weekends.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- JCC Greater Boston requires that new employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 at time of hire. The JCC will consider requests for medical or religious exemption that do not pose undue hardship or a direct threat to health or safety.
- Able to see, hear and cognitively recognize situations requiring lifeguarding services
- Capable of working in a high temperature and high humidity environment for extended periods while wearing required personal protective equipment
- Able to make safety related decisions and perform CPR and/or first aid, as required
- Read, write, understand and speak English
- Must maintain an appropriate level of fitness in order to competently perform all job related tasks including the ability to swim distances and dive to pool depths, as determined by testing/certification authorities, and to lift 150 pounds or heavier weights with assistance and/or the use of proper equipment.
- Must be able to use a computer
45,000 - 55,000
The JCC Greater Boston values include: Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation. The agency provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: Early Learning Centers, summer camps, health and wellness programs, family engagement programs and cultural activities. The JCC is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background.
Our vision is to create a vibrant and evolving Jewish community where everyone belongs. Our mission is to be at the heart of that community by:
- creating a thriving community that nurtures meaningful and lasting relationships,
- welcoming a growing and increasingly diverse set of individuals and families from all over Greater Boston,
- supporting the building of unique identities rooted in Jewish values and deeper connections to Jewish life,
- nourishing minds, bodies, and spirits through dynamic, innovative, and accessible experiences, and
- expanding engagement by partnering closely with other organizations to ensure the continuing vitality of our community as whole.
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff and children very seriously. Over 93% of our staff have been vaccinated. We have aligned all of our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC, DEEC (Department of Early Education and Care) and the local and state Departments of Public Health. Our practices include ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, and use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and program participants.The JCC is proud to serve more than 50,000 people?representing 98 communities and every age and ability, including men, women and children with special needs-at the Leventhal-Sidman JCC in Newton; through a wide range of programs and services in Metrowest, the South Area, and Metro North (Arlington/Cambridge/Somerville and beyond); at JCC day camps in Greater Boston; at Early Learning Centers in Acton, Brookline, Hingham, Newton, Sharon, and Wayland; and online.