Location and Job Title:
Director, Early Childhood Center
Edith & Carl Marks JCH of Bensonhurst
7802 Bay Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11214
The Director of the Early Childhood Center envisions and supervises the implementation of the
JCH early childhood programs for infants through children age 5. An essential role of the
Director is to implement core values, vision and purpose and to articulate these concepts with
teachers and parents. The director is responsible for design and implementation of an integrated,
Jewish, developmentally appropriate curriculum in an environment which maximizes the
opportunities for growth and enrichment for each child. In addition, the Director fosters a
nurturing and engaging atmosphere which reflects respect and compassion that is supportive of
and accessible to children, families and staff.
- Oversee and coordinate all operations of the Marks JCH Early Childhood Center including: private tuition nursery program, 3K, PreK For All , Mommy and Me classes, Camp Yeladim division, and family engagement programs and initiatives for families with children under 5 years old.
- Supervision, training, and evaluation of all early childhood
employees both full time and part time including teachers, instructors, and
- Including monitoring lesson plans, observing
classrooms, suggest techniques, facilitate teacher partnerships and creating
- Plan and
implement annual staff orientation, staff meetings, and staff professional
- Facilitate, oversee, and monitor registration and enrollment for all programs for children under 5 years old.
- Including working collaboratively with JCH marketing professionals to develop and distribute promotional information and publicity campaigns.
- Responsible for communicating with parents regarding their
child's progress, developmental or behavioral concerns and/or appropriate
- Work with Early Intervention Specialists to coordinate parents and resources; make appropriate referrals for additional services, as needed.
- Be accessible to parents, children, and staff on a daily
basis as the representative of the JCH and the Early Childhood Education
program; provide the highest level of customer service to all customers.
- Responsible for maintaining satisfactory compliance in
safety standards, license issues, and health matters for DOHMH.
- Responsible for communication and implementation together with teachers of DOE 3K and Pre-K for All curriculum, standards, ECERS, and other educational and operational program aspects.
- MA in Early Childhood, Elementary Education, or similar field required
o State Education Department teacher certification in early childhood education or
- Certified in First Aid, CPR, & Mandated Reporting (Child Abuse) - Marks JCH can help
renew these certifications
o Minimum 2 years of experience in field of early childhood
- Have excellent written English and oral communication skills
o Bilingual English/Russian preferred
Full Time administrative position includes:
- Competitive Salary
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Retirement plan
- 403B and Flex Spending options available
- Professional Development opportunities
Please email all resumes and cover letters to Julia Linetskiy, Director, Program Services at
65,000 - 75,000
Marks JCH is a Jewish Community Center (JCC) located in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn. The mission
of the Marks JCH of Bensonhurst, known as the JCH, is to be a center for community life in
Brooklyn that is rooted in Jewish values and fosters an inclusive environment. We help at every
life stage by providing critical services that lift people out of poverty and innovative programs
that educate and inspire our community members. We envision a community where people have
access to the services they need to live successful and rewarding lives and where Jewish identity
is preserved and celebrated. Marks JCH prides itself on its 360 degree holistic service model,
providing services for the whole family.