Location and Job Title:
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
The Stamford JCC is seeking a full-time Development Associate to join its growing development team. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Associate supports the daily operations of the Development Department through administrative, logistical, and strategic work, supporting and advancing the Stamford JCC's efforts to raise awareness and funds from individuals, foundations, and corporations. We are looking for an organized self-starter who is passionate about community and enjoys collaborating as part of a team. Ideally, this candidate has experience working with a donor database and planning special events and understands the important and essential nature of this work, coupled with the drive to take on additional responsibilities and grow with the institution. This candidate is confident working in a professional yet relatable manner with a variety of stakeholders including Board members, donors, volunteers, and the public.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a database of constituents, including gift processing and entry, segmenting of donors, donor recognition, reporting and analysis, list management, and donor management (e.g., entry of relationships, plans, contact reports, and relevant notes). Help identify areas for data cleanup and streamlining in donor database management system.
- Prepare and organize timely donor communication including direct mail, e-mail, and acknowledgments.
- Handle donor inquiries and correspondence via mail, phone, email and in-person.
- Assist with planning and coordinating special events, donor/sponsorship cultivation efforts, and grant reporting.
- Work with the finance team to manage, reconcile, and track various types of donations including recurring donations, in-kind gifts, honor/memorial gifts, and matching gifts.
- Perform general office duties, attend meetings; assist with appointments and calendars.
- Occasional weekend and evening work for scheduled events and meetings will be required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented; able to multitask.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with donors, members, volunteers, Board, and colleagues.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work with multiple departments and volunteer committees.
- Maintain poise and patience when dealing with the public, as well as with major and high-profile donors always maintaining diplomacy and grace under pressure.
- Ability to engage in collaborative work with minimal direction; but understands when to ask for help or guidance.
- Solid analytical, creative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, including excellent interpersonal, networking, and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude.
- Must possess the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Applications must be accompanied by a cover letter.
- Minimum of 1-2 years working within a nonprofit fundraising environment or transferrable/relatable experience.
- Strong database skills a plus.
- Knowledge of fundraising processes a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills; proficient in standard word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Some experience implementing special events and programs.
- Volunteer experience a plus.
- Occasional weekends and evenings required.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Rebecca Isenstein at email@example.com
Salary range: $45,000-$50,000
The Stamford Jewish Community Center is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. While we are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.
The Stamford JCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community.