You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Preschool Teacher/Early Childhood Educator
Osher Marin JCC
200 N San Pedro Rd
San Rafael, CA 94903
Osher Marin JCC Preschool Teacher
The JCC Preschool Teacher reports to the ECE Director or Preschool Site Director. The person in this position works directly with the children and their families enrolled in the Early Childhood programs.
Responsibilities to be shared with co-teachers in a team-work model will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Interactions with children must reflect respect, compassion and a willingness to gently guide the child.
- Plan, implement, reflect upon and document developmentally appropriate curriculum for the children in accordance with the policies and the philosophy of the school.
- Gear the program to the needs of the individual child with concern for their interests, individual style and stage of development; and to the class as a group. Help each child to become aware of their role as a member of the group, while reinforcing positive self-esteem, as well as consciously promoting a diverse and anti-bias atmosphere.
- Intentional, ordered arrangement, appearance, decor, and appropriate learning environment of the classroom and play yard.
- Keep records on each child, to include weekly and monthly attendance sheets, accident log, developmental growth, conference records and notes home.
- Document each child's learning experiences and developmental growth and use the documentation to guide in planning the curriculum.
- Maintain and implement procedures to ensure the health and safety of the children insuring they are under supervision at all times.
- Assume an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings and be accountable for all information disbursed at such meetings and in written format.
- Participate in recommended professional development programs and in-service workshops and other opportunities for professional growth.
- Establish and maintain positive, professional, and effective communication and supportive ties with children, staff, parents, and third-party consultants to meet the individual needs of children and their families which establish a partnership between school and home for the child.
- Communicate with parents and caretakers formally through scheduled parent-teacher conferences, weekly newsletter and daily program white board/documentation.
- Conduct home visits as required.
- Understand and articulate the philosophy of the school.
- Assist in public relations and community building events sponsored by the school.
- Act as a model for assistant and new teachers and mentor their training and development.
- Communicate clearly and appropriately with colleagues at all times.
- Maintain professional standards and conduct and positive work ethic.
- Respect confidentiality of school-related information.
- Perform other duties, as requested by supervisor.
- Teachers hired at the Teacher level must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children with a minimum of AA or higher in CD, ECE or equivalent; (OR any AA or BA with at least 60 units + 24 college credits in ECE or CD; OR 24 units of CD + 16 general education units and current enrollment in AA or BA program--see matrix) and demonstrated ability to perform all job responsibilities as described in Teacher job description
- Teachers hired at the Associate Teacher level must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children with a minimum of 12 ECE or CD units and the demonstrated ability to perform all job responsibilities as described in the Teacher job description.If candidate does not have at least an AA, s/he must be continually enrolled in AA program or CD or ECE classes to continue in this level of position.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proficient command of the English language for effective communication.
- Proficiency with the computer, namely Microsoft Office and virtual platforms (e.g., Zoom)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to maintain extensive communications with parents via emails, phone calls and newsletters.
- Understanding and implementation of cleaning and disinfecting procedures in accordance with Licensing and County Public Health guidelines.
- Demonstrate flexibility with job responsibilities at all times and adapt to changing job requirements, protocols and procedures when necessary.
$35,000 - $45,000
Salary & Benefits
- Teacher or Associate Teacher classification depending on formal professional training as stated above
- Hourly rate: $21.17 - $25.35
- Health & dental insurance; retirement & life insurance; disability insurance; generous vacation & sick leave package; 125 plan; OMJCC family membership.