Location and Job Title:
Sr. Camp Counselor
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt / Seasonal, June-August
Do you love making a difference, working with kids, being active, cooking, dancing, playing sports etc.? As one of the largest summer day camps in San Diego, the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center is hiring Sr. Camp Counselors for the 2022 Camp Jaycee season. Camp Jaycee offers a variety of options for campers ranging from 18 months to 11th grade. Some of the camp options include, but are not limited to, traditional, sports, theater, special interests and teen travel. Camp Jaycee Sr. Counselors will be responsible for implementing safe and age appropriate programs for all camp participants while establishing positive relationships with parents, campers and fellow staff. Sr. Camp Counselors will assist with the planning and implementation of daily activities for campers, and will ensure the camp operates in a safe and nurturing environment at all times.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Previous experience working with children.
- Have or are willing to complete CPR and First Aid certification by start date.
- Ability to use good, sound judgment and handle emergency situations.
- Must be responsible, outgoing, honest and hard-working.
- Flexible and willing to have fun in a team environment.
- Ability to be a positive team player.
- Must be available and willing to commit to the 9 week camp duration.
- Ability to adapt to changing dynamics of campers.
- Be able to pass a CA state & Federal background check.
- Ability to plan and initiate age appropriate games and activities.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Ability to be creative and resourceful.
- Be a positive role model for campers.
- Maintain good relationships with camp parents.
- Must be willing to follow directions and take initiative.
- Ability to participate in all physical activities with participants (such as running, swimming, playing sports, leading games and crafts).
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crawling and bending.
- Ability to work in both an indoor and outdoor environment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 30 lbs. (reconfiguring furniture, moving equipment/supplies, etc.)
- Ability to perform CPR/AED.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start date to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required.
$25,000 - $35,000
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.