You are here: Home
| Search for a Job
Location and Job Title:
Summer Day Camp Communication & Logistics Head
Westside Jewish Community Center
5870 West Olympic Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90036
To learn more about Westside JCC and to apply, find us on the web at westsidejcc.org.
The JCamp Communication & Logistics Head will coordinate the camp's ongoing parent and camper communication and the day to day operations of camp logistics. They will serve as an integral part of the JCamp Leadership Team.
JCamp at Westside JCC offers camper experiences with chosen specialty tracks within a general day camp setting for campers ages 5 - 12. For summer 2023, JCamp is in session June 12 - August 18, 2023, with six days of staff training during the week of June 4 - 9, 2023. We will create opportunities for campers to learn, grow, and interact with each other in an in-person safe and fun environment.Position Responsibilities:
- Manage daily documentary efforts of JCamp by screening and posting daily photos to camp viewing portal (app called Playground).
- Facilitate and lead JCamp's weekly documentary efforts including but not limited to capturing key moments in photos and videos, creating the recap slideshow and editing the newsletter.
- Manage and update JCamp social media accounts.
- Provide direction and content for JCamp's social media accounts
- Manage social media permissions for each camper based on their parent's preferences.
- Facilitate sending of weekly welcome email
- Supporting the day to day operations of JCamp, lead and manage the Logistic team (2 to 3 staff members devoted to coordinating and facilitating the logistics of JCamp).
- Lead the setup of camp wide activities (Water Play and Afternoon Activities)
- Facilitate the distribution of snacks, including but not limited to coordinating with Program Assistant about snack schedule, food allergies, and individual communications of dietary needs of campers.
- Facilitate a process for collecting and getting Lost and Found items return to their owners
- Organize and distribute camp and bunk supplies
- Must have held a similar leadership position while working young adults
- Must have completed junior year of college
- Must have exemplary writing and photo/videography skills
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong social media understanding
- Desire and ability to work with children in camp setting
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance
- Desire to change behaviors as necessary to continue growth in position and role in Camp
- Be of good character, integrity, and adaptability
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
- Well-developed sense of responsibility, good judgment, common sense
- Must understand the potential, characteristics, and issues of young children
- Must be sufficiently mature to guide impressionable campers through their time at Camp
- Must always respect the feelings of both children and their parents
Founded in 1954, Westside Jewish Community Center's (Westside JCC) mission is to build community based on Jewish values by creating opportunities for gathering and learning. Westside JCC reaches out to all Jews and the greater community by offering stimulating and innovative educational, social, cultural, recreational, and communal programs and activities fostering a strong connection to Israel. Westside JCC aspires to offer programming that provides meaning and purpose to Jewish values, and space that creates a sense of belonging for everyone it touches.
Westside JCC serves the Jewish and broader community in our neighborhood and Los Angeles. Our flagship programs are our outstanding Early Childhood Center, our growing year-round day camp program JCamp and our teen leadership and sports programs, Diller Teen Fellows and Maccabi. Other programs include our aquatics center with 2,450 swim lessons weekly, senior wellness programming, parent and me programming, fitness classes, programs for individuals with special needs and youth sports leagues.
JCamp at Westside JCC offers camper experiences with chosen specialty tracks within a general day camp setting for campers ages 5 - 12. JCamp is an American Camp Association accredited day camp.
Westside JCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunity and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, national origin, or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
To learn more about Westside JCC, find us on the web at westsidejcc.org.