Location and Job Title:
Infant Lead/Assistant Teachers, B'nai Jehudah (Full-Time)
JCC of Greater Kansas City
5801 W 115th St
Overland Park, KS 66211
B'nai Jehudah Child Development Center is looking for amazing educators with a passion for working with children ages 6 weeks-1 year old. B'nai Jehudah CDC provides a secure environment designed with age-appropriate equipment and d?cor, enabling children of all faiths and cultures to learn and grow to their full potential.
Schedule and Benefits
- Full-time working Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm or 8am-5:30pm
- Full benefits including paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement and HSA options plus membership to The J
- $1,000 Hiring Bonus eligible after 6 months
- Create a classroom environment that promotes learning through open-ended activities, materials, and an intriguing environment
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment for children to learn and grow
- Foster social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development through play and structured activities
- Maintain a clean and organized classroom
- Ensure safety and supervision at all times
- Develop weekly plans and implement an age-appropriate curriculum to nurture and stimulate all domains of the children's development
- Maintain KDHE requirements in classrooms at all times
- Cultivate and maintain a positive relationship with parents through formal and informal communication on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Foster and develop relationships with other teaching team members
- Gear the program towards the needs of individual children taking into account interests, challenges, talents, and individual learning styles
- Assist with the supervision of Teaching Assistants or volunteers in the classroom
- Maintain positive communication with Administrative Team members
- Attend training and professional development opportunities as assigned
- Experience working with infants in a licensed environment (required for Lead Teacher, preferred for Assistant)
- History of consistent attendance and punctuality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CDA/AA/BA/BS/MA degree in Early Childhood Education or a related subject area is preferred for Lead Teacher
- Lead qualified through KDHE for Lead Teacher
Job requires frequent (2-5 hours per shift) standing, walking, carrying and repetitive motions and occasional (up to 2 hours per shift) sitting, lifting up to 20 pounds, pushing/pulling, climbing and stooping/crouching.
$35,000 - $45,000
About The J
The J is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The J is Shabbat-Observant Friendly.
The mission of The J is to build a strong, vibrant and inclusive community that enhances wellness, meaning and joy based on Jewish values, heritage and culture. The J operates on these values:
- Welcoming + Inclusive - We are welcoming, inclusive and nurturing. We invite all to join us in making connections and lifelong friendships.
- Building Community - We believe in the strength of community and we seek to cultivate a sense of belonging in all we do.
- Enriching Mind + Body + Soul - We help individuals live a physically, intellectually, and emotionally healthy lifestyle.
- Passing on Jewish Culture + History - We celebrate and pass on the values, culture, history, and traditions of the Jewish people.
- Treat Others As You Wish To Be Treated - We treat everyone with respect, dignity and loving kindness.