Location and Job Title:
Chief Financial Officer
Tucson Jewish Community Center
3800 E River Rd
Tucson, AZ 85718
Reporting directly to the President/CEO, the CFO is responsible for:
- Supervising and mentoring employees in the Accounting Department
- Preparation and maintenance of accounting records including general ledger, financial statements, payroll, accounts payable, membership records, program records, tax returns, billings, and collections with the assistance of the accounting office and membership staff
- Monitoring, analyzing, and forecasting weekly, monthly, and annual cash flow
- Managing banking relationships and ensuring compliance with covenants
- Preparing annual budget in coordination with the CEO and leadership team
- Reviewing monthly budget to actual variances, and investigating/resolving significant budget variances
- Reforecasting budget trends when external conditions indicate a change in assumptions
- Recording additions to and distributions from board designated and donor restricted funds and maintaining a restricted fund schedule
- Reviewing balance sheet account reconciliations and journal entries prepared by Accountant
- Coding payments received to correct fundraising campaigns, membership accounts, GL account codes, and/or program registrations
- Assessing bad debt allowance and forwarding uncollectible accounts to collection agency
- Administering 401k, group health insurance and employee benefit plans with assistance from the Accountant
- Planning and managing the annual independent financial statement and 401k plan audits, providing schedules and information as required
- Developing and instituting systems to insure sound financial management and good internal controls in accordance with GAAP
- Monitoring and reporting on capital projects
- Working with grant writer and providing financial information for grant applications
- Overseeing billings and filing requirements with state and federal agencies
- Meeting with the Budget/Finance and Audit Committees on a regular basis
- Preparing documents for annual commercial insurance renewal
- Serving as a key member of the leadership team and interrelating with all staff in a cooperative and productive fashion
- Attend meetings of the Board of Directors
- Meeting and speaking with members regarding their accounts and records with the JCC, resolving any problems as appropriate
- Investing funds according to the investment policy, as applicable
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Todd Rockoff at email@example.com
This is a full time/exempt, professional position and is covered by the Code of Personnel Practices of the Tucson Jewish Community Center.
It is the policy of The Tucson Jewish Community Center ("Tucson J") to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Tucson J will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The Tucson J is open to the entire community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation in any of our programs or activities. We are committed to providing an environment where all are welcome.
The Tucson Jewish Community Center is a 110,000-square-feet facility built in 1989. With more than 2,000 families and 5,000 members, the J is open to the Tucson community of all faiths.
We offer a robust schedule of events ranging from Arts & Culture to Sports & Wellness to Children & Family. At the J we offer something for everyone from 0 to 99!
Our beautiful Foothills location offers the perfect setting for your meeting, wedding, or other special event. Our trained professional will help you with all your rental needs, including catering.
If fitness is your main goal, we offer a full fitness facility and more than 100 free weekly classes included in your membership.
We are proud to offer a privately funded preschool serving 300 children during the school year from six weeks to pre-K. Additionally, we offer after-school care for elementary-aged children and provide transportation from over 20 schools daily during the school year.
Most importantly, we offer a sense of community and acceptance to the entire Tucson community. We invite you to step inside and feel the energy of the J!