Location and Job Title:
Part Time Counselor Advocate, HSCS- Queens High School of Teaching
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
Within our framework of a holistic, strength-focused, and family-supported practice, an individual hired as the Part Time Counselor Advocate will report directly to the Program Director. The positions will take place at Richmond Hill High School in Richmond Hills, NY.
Salary: Commensurate to prior experience
Hours: Part-Time, up to 19 hours per week, School Year Term
Schedule: Schedules Vary
Location: Richmond Hill High School, Richmond Hills, NY
Expected Start Date: September 2021
General Tasks of All Commonpoint Queens Staff
- Promote and implement the Core Values of the Community Center.
- Participation in all staff meetings and staff training seminars.
- Participation in agency-wide programs and program committees, as assigned.
- Active involvement, as a supervisee, in the supervision process.
- Support the mission of the Commonpoint Queens.
- Other tasks appropriate to the Commonpoint Queens staff, as assigned.
Commonpoint Queens reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Commonpoint Queens is an equal opportunity employers/programs. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and r?sum?, as a Word or PDF document only, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "Part Time Counselor Advocate - Richmond Hill" in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- At least 1 year's experience
working with high school youth in an urban setting.
- Astute knowledge of performance-based contracting with clients.
- Experience working with students on achieving positive outcomes for success.
- Workshop implementation experience preferred.
- Establish a rapport with all program participants. Assist them in identifying their educational and career goals; help them to formulate future plans.
- Implement and conduct workshops on work readiness, career development, life skills, and student enrichment.
- Recruit students; and conduct intake assessments and interviews.
- Monitor the attendance, academic, and career progress of participants on assigned caseload.
- Provide interpersonal group and individual counseling.
- Provide necessary referrals to community resources.
- Work in a collaborative team, including participation in staff meetings, contractor meetings, and staff development in order to support student progress.
- Monitor and document student progress in various service areas (guidance and counseling, academic support, life skills, work readiness).
- Conduct daily attendance outreach, including home visits if necessary.
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.