Location and Job Title:
Case Coordinator, Womens Center
Edith & Carl Marks JCH of Bensonhurst
7802 Bay Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11214
The Marks JCH Women's Center seeks a Case Manager/Case Coordinator, located in Brooklyn, NY. We are seeking someone who is passionate about issues such as gender-based violence, intimate partner violence and domestic violence.
The Case Manager/Case Coordinator provides intake, screening, monitoring, case management, referrals, programming support, and supportive counseling for the clients of the Marks JCH Women's Center.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct intake assessments for clients.
- Safety planning and case management of domestic violence cases.
- Comprehensive case planning and management to address the client's individual needs. Schedule participants for various sessions, follow-up as needed.
- Liaison with agency partners and other providers to provide, manage and follow-up with adequate client referrals.
- Maintain case documentation available for review such as case notes. Follow up with program referrals.
- Investigate and arrange supportive services for clients.
- Support clients with diaper and postpartum supply donations and in-house programming services related to their needs.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Requested:
- Russian-speaker strongly preferred. Uzbek, Tajik speaker a plus.
- At least one year of experience working with clients in direct social service programming.
- Experience with trauma-informed programming a plus.
- Interest in domestic violence agencies, gender-based services and referrals systems within New York a plus.
- Interest in perinatal health and wellness, reproductive health and postpartum clients a plus.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to work cooperatively with a dynamic agency team.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, and email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a professional manner manifesting sound judgment and resourcefulness.
This is a part to full time position, salary commensurate with degree and experience with a range of $50,000.00 - $55,000.00. Please Send Resume and Cover Letter to Laura Vladimirova at LauraV@jchb.org. MSW students are encouraged to apply.
The Marks JCH of Bensonhurst, known as the JCH, is a center of community life in Brooklyn, rooted in Jewish values and fostering an inclusive environment. We help at every life stage, providing critical services that lift people out of poverty, as well as innovative programing that educates and inspires our community members. The Marks JCH is a full-scale human service agency, providing social services, older adult services, resettlement support, job placement in addition to being a Jewish community center offering children's, youth, family, and cultural programs. Marks JCH prides itself on its 360-degree holistic service model, providing services for the whole family, meeting the needs of low and moderate-income New Yorkers, specializing in helping refugees and immigrants.