Location and Job Title:
Chief Development Officer (CDO)
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
411 E. Clinton Ave.
Tenafly, NJ 07670
The CDO serves as the JCC's primary strategist for identifying and growing sustainable sources of contributed income and managing donor stewardship.
The Chief Development Officer is responsible for guiding and overseeing all development activities at the JCC, generating approximately $4 million annually in contributed income while overseeing and managing the organization's capital campaign efforts. The position reports directly to the CEO and serves as a key member of the senior management team. The CDO will motivate and mentor a department to design and execute an integrated fundraising plan that spans annual giving, major giving, events, corporate sponsorship, and planned giving to support a broad array of programs and services.
- Promotes a culture of philanthropy across all JCC departments and activities in line with the JCC's values, vision and mission.
- Creates a culture of success rooted in numbers and data - mentoring the development department to embrace consistent and accurate practices around tracking donor pledges, interactions and gifts while leading and managing the department's CRM database.
- Sets fundraising goals, metrics and targeted outcomes for organization in partnership with CEO and develops action plans to achieve results
- Identifies KPIs for tracking and generating reports to determine progress toward goal achievement throughout the year
- Delegates tasks and ensures accountability of staff team to achieve results
- Builds and maintains a portfolio of major donors as appropriate
- Ensures staff team, CEO and other staff as needed manage donor relationships
- Responsible for successful recruitment, training, engagement and management of all fundraising volunteers
- Serves as the primary staff member on the JCC's Development committee, capital campaign committee, and all fundraising event committees
- Represents the Development department at all Board of Directors meetings
- Works in partnership with Marketing department to design print and digital collateral to compliment department messaging across all events and campaigns.
- Develops a strong working knowledge of the database - working hand in hand with the full department to run appropriate reports and analysis for strategic planning and year-end review
- Works with all departments to understand their budgets and to identify new opportunities for funding.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience working in a not-for-profit development office with proven success in managing a staff team and achieving fundraising goals
- Demonstrates knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to leverage metrics to developed optimal tactics to achieve results
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and confidentially, and be able to interact with donors, members, and staff in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead collaboration across working groups
- Ability to initiate and organize work, establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality control.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM/database, and an openness to embracing new technology.
$135,000 - $150,000
Kaplen JCC On The Palisades is a welcoming home away from home for all who pass through its front doors. Our 185,000 square foot building plus acres of outside grounds feature 2 fitness centers, an indoor and outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and pilates studios, 2 gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious spa, multiple playgrounds and fields and so much more. The JCC is home to the renowned Thurnauer School of Music, Leonard and Syril Rubin Nursery School, Neil Klatskin Day Camp, and the JCC Dance and Drama Schools. The JCC is also proud to offer extensive, high quality programs and services to adults of all ages, as well as to seniors and individuals with special needs.
Our vision is to be the center point of Jewish life in our community and to engage all generations in our mission and values.
Deeply rooted in Jewish values and tradition, the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is a vibrant home for the Jewish People that welcomes all and cultivates the social, intellectual, physical and spiritual well-being of the entire community.
We are committed to demonstrating the following values and ask respect for these values from those with whom we interact:
CONNECTION TO JUDAISM AND ISRAEL
TIKKUN OLAM (repairing the world)