Location and Job Title:
3960 Montclair Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
This position is responsible for researching, developing and writing inquiries, letters, and proposals requesting funds to support the
Levite Jewish Community Center's programs and services. The Grant Writer will also be responsible for tracking and monitoring
proposals, their deadlines and requirements. This position includes maintaining accurate computer and hard copy records of
documents, phone calls and visits of funders and prospects.
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs and financial needs of the LJCC.
- Ability to multitask and perform under deadlines and changing schedules.
- Research and identify potential donors by reviewing the LJCC files, following up on leads, analyze funding reference tools
such as annual reports, foundation directories and IRS 990's.
- Research grant opportunities from government and non-government agencies.
- Develop proposal and other request concepts in conjunction with the Executive Director, Director of Finance, Property
Manager and Department Heads.
- Write accurate and interesting inquires, letters and proposals requesting funds from members, community members,
corporate and foundation prospects. Write acknowledgment letters to members, corporate and foundation donors.
- Identify new funders to support LJCC programs. Meet with the Department Heads to determine funding needs and program
- Submit proposals to the Executive Director and Director of Finance for approval.
- Maintain tracking system for grant, renewal, and report deadlines.
- Monitor results of written requests and acceptance rate.
- Coordinate the efforts of key staff members to ensure that documents are completed by the specified deadlines.
- Attend and serve as support staff for LJCC fundraising events.
- Assist in the research and development of the LJCC's annual needs assessment.
- Foster partnerships with organizations that align with the LJCC's mission.
- Knowledge of Daxko is desirable.
- Embrace all Core Values and all inherent mission, goals, directives and tasks of the LJCC
- Additional duties that may be assigned by the Executive Director and Finance Director
45,000 - 55,000
LJCC Identity Statement
Through the lens of Jewish identity and values, the Levite Jewish Community Center provides a welcoming, family-oriented gathering
place for a diverse membership to engage in a meaningful experience of the mind, body and soul.
LJCC Vision Statement
The Levite Jewish Community Center will be recognized as a model for member-centered, high quality Jewish programming,
education and recreation. We will be known for superior facilities and visionary leadership through financial sustainability and
LJCC Core Values
We cultivate memorable life experiences and meaningful relationships
We pursue collaboration within the Jewish and broader communities
We empower individuals to learn and understand Jewish values
We provide a welcoming and open environment
We embrace and celebrate diversity
We encourage wellness of the mind, body and soul
We connect our community to the people of the State of Israel