Location and Job Title:
Manager of Individual Giving and Outreach
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
3200 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
Manager of Individual Giving and Outreach works in collaboration with
the Chief Development Officer to maximize the potential for contributed
revenue growth by assisting in several key areas, including, but not
limited to annual campaign (the Community Fund and Early Childhood
Education (ECE) annual campaigns) design and management, writing content
for email, mail, and other outreach; and working with volunteer chairs
on particular campaigns. This position requires highly developed
interpersonal skills; the ability to meet people with ease; strong
writing skills; and the ability to work under the pressure of many
priorities and deadlines.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
Annual Campaign Planning and Execution
collaboration with the Development team, set annual giving goals and
develop a strategy for all phases of the individual giving program.
and execute annual donor communication calendar, including the
Preschool Giving Campaign, End of Year giving and solicitations around
holidays and special events.
effective and persuasive appeals, print and digital, acknowledgement
letters, and other donor related communications tailored according to
Content Development + Donor Management
pieces varying in size from 80 characters on a website banner to (as
many as) 1,000 words for an email fundraising ask, and everything in
- Create engagement communications to improve conversion, retention, and lifetime value of donors and prospects.
with the Manager of Development Operations and Marketing Department to
pull, develop and review mailing lists to ensure data integrity and
appropriate groups are included.
- Maintain accurate gift reports and dashboards.
- Research potential and current donors, consistently documenting key conversations and other pertinent donor information.
- Prepare materials and information needed for donor meetings and events.
Community Building + Stewardship
with Chief Development Officer and Major Gifts Officer to create and
implement a donor cultivation strategy to further engage donors in our
with Manager of Development Operations in planning and implementing
successful special events, receptions, and ensure proper follow up.
with program leaders and the Marketing Department to develop key
storytelling opportunities to enhance fundraising efforts.
with volunteer chairs to successfully execute giving campaigns across a
wide range of JCCSF communities, including but not limited to:
preschool, youth sports, camp, fitness, Arts and Ideas, and more.
cultivate, and steward relationships with a diverse pipeline of 100+
donors (ECE parents, event sponsors, etc.) with gifts ranging from
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience in a position of similar complexity.
- Proven donor/ member engagement skills.
to write exceptionally well and effectively communicate the mission,
goals, and needs of an organization to donors, and to articulate complex
ideas clearly, accurately, and concisely.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
- Experience writing for a variety of audiences, with different voices
demonstrate common sense, flexibility, and teamwork. Must be able to
adapt or modify plans, timelines, or processes in response to changing
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- Must be confident, outgoing, courteous, and professional in all written and verbal communications.
- Must have a strong personal work ethic and be committed to the mission of the JCCSF
Benefited, exempt position.
Hybrid, Monday - Friday, schedule to be worked out with the hiring manager
HEALTH & SAFETY:
order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible,
all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19)
prior to beginning work. Please reach out to HR@jccsf.org if you have
$65,000 - $75,000
Urban and inclusive, the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF) celebrates our vibrant city and its people. We explore Jewish culture and traditions as a pathway for joyful, meaningful living. We're a community for everyone, using the power of gathering together to share, inspire, support and restore. The JCCSF is located in San Francisco, CA at 3200 California Street (at Presidio).