Location and Job Title:
JCC Association RootOne Program and Grant Manager
520 8th Ave
New York, NY 10018
Seeded by a generous gift from The Marcus Foundation and powered by The Jewish Education Project, RootOne provides major subsidies for trip participants (called RootOne Vouchers), with an investment in elevating trip curricula and experiences, partnered with JCC Association to create deeper pre- and post-trip engagement opportunities to help strengthen participants' Jewish identities and connections to Israel before they begin college.
As part of JCC Association Center for Israel Engagement , entrusted with the development and implementationof initiatives aims at deepening the connection to Israel and in coordination with various JCC Association teams including the integrated program-talent team,JCC Association seeks an enthusiastic and dynamic professional to serve as the JCC Association RootOne Program and Grant Manager to support adherence to the RootOne expectations, standards, and requirements around recruitment, vouchers, operations, finances, and education in addition to recruiting and onboarding Centers and Camps to initiate Israel trip.
The Manager will work collaboratively with JCC Professionals throughout the JCC Movement.
This position will operate from JCC Association offices in NY, and will report directly to JCC Association Vice President, Center for Israel Engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In partnership with JCC Association Center for Israel Engagement team:
- Serve as liaison between RootOne and each Center/Camp ensuring thorough communication in both directions and compliance of each JCC/ JCC camp with RootOne expectations of reporting, insurance, protocols, waivers, post trip evaluations etc.
- Proactively interact with Centers/Camps as a thought partner on recruitment strategies, managing administrative needs, and ensuring each Center/Camp successfully achieves goals and expectations.
- Support and lead Jewish camps to successfully plan, create and execute educational and experiential strategy (for pre-trip, trip itinerary and post-trip) that will allow Centers/Camps to have the greatest impact possible on all participants based on RootOne's stated outcomes.
- Build strong and mutual trust and relationships with Centers/ Camps and consult as needed to ensure recruitment plan and mechanisms in place towards achievement of goals and potential growth.
- Work to increase numbers of teens joining current trips as part of RootOne Israel vouchers program by reaching out to all Centers and Camps not currently engaged.
- Establish and facilitate a strategy to increase the number of Israel trip participants from camps that are currently affiliated with RootOne.
- This position is based in New York City with the expectation of regular work in the office. There is the possibility of occasional remote work.
- Domestic travel may be required.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without holding a visa or sponsorship is required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
JCC association offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Eight paid legal holidays and up to 13 paid Jewish holidays. In addition, the office closes early on the eve of three Jewish holidays.
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave, family leave, medical leave, jury duty leave and bereavement leave
- Flexible benefit plan
- Pre-tax salary deductions for transit
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, supplemental life insurance
- Retirement plan
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, AND COMPETENCIES
- The Manager will need to demonstrate deep and comprehensive understanding of Jewish camps and JCCs of North America, including understanding the perspective from participants, families, and professionals.
- Deep familiarity and commitment to teen trips to Israel with preference to Israel trips group leader.
- Passionate about Jewish life, Jewish continuity and working with teens
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to create and maintain interpersonal relationships easily, excellent written and oral communicational skills, ability to show empathy and understanding while being assertive and adhering to deadlines and reports.
- Demonstrated success in owning and managing projects through all stages and elements, from educational to administrative.
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to keep multiple projects moving forward simultaneously
- Excellent organization and reporting skills, ability to track data, ensure compliance with deadlines and database management in an efficient, up-to-date, and accurate manner
- A motivated, independent self stater professional
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
- Preferable past camper and/or counselor at a Jewish overnight camp Experience in working in the Jewish communal field (with preference to JCCs)
$55,000 - $65,000
JCC Association of North America leads and connects the JCC Movement, advancing and enriching North American Jewish life. With 1.5 million people walking through the doors of JCCs (Jewish Community Centers and Jewish Community Camps) each week, the JCC Movement represents the largest platform of Jewish engagement on the continent. JCC Association is the convening organization of this dynamic network, partnering with JCCs to bring together the collective power and knowledge of the JCC Movement, with 12,000 full-time professionals at 172 JCCs across North America plus 41,000 part-time and seasonal professionals. By supporting them, together we enhance and strengthen Jewish life throughout North America.
JCC Association is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.