Location and Job Title:
Building & Facilities Associate
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches seeks a Building Services Associate for our Boynton Beach location with occasional travel to our Palm Beach Gardens campus.
The selected individual will perform event set-up and upkeep for campus, including routine activities such as light cleaning, event set-up, and light maintenance, working under the supervision of the Director of Operations. Work schedule is generally 35-40 hours each week Sunday - Saturday as directed by work schedule and deadlines. Weekend and evening hours are required.
- Arrange all room/function setups, including safely moving chairs, tables, garbage cans, all audio/video equipment and setting up portable stages.
- Handles light plumbing for the facility including repairing toilets, sinks and showers.
- Performs light cleaning of the whole campus, including emptying garbage cans, wiping down bathrooms, keeping paper towel dispensers, toilet paper dispensers, and soap dispensers full.
- Performs minor construction work, including building shelves, hanging dispensers, and reconfiguring office space as determined by Building Services Manager.
- Performs related special projects and tasks needed to maintain buildings.
- Requisitions supplies or equipment used in cleaning, maintenance and construction duties.
- Informs supervisor of irregularities, maintenance repair issues, safety and security issues, and any possible problems or related matters promptly as needed.
- Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures, including agency safety requirements.
- Must work the days and hours to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks and be punctual and timely in meeting all performance requirements, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines.
- Responsible for maintaining positive, courteous and professional relationships with all JCC staff, staff from other related agencies and the greater community.
- Able to work in both locations: Boynton Beach and occasionally Palm Beach Gardens
- Performs additional duties as assigned by supervisor according to agency needs.
- Two to three years' successful, progressive track record in a facility and/or construction.
- Plumbing experience highly preferred.
- Ability to understand, speak and follow English instructions.
- Knowledge of relevant machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits and general maintenance.
- Ability to work collaboratively with agency staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere, and maintain courteous and professional working relationships with clients, vendors and outside contacts of the agency.
- Ability to understand any safety requirements and cautions.
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and to refer them to the appropriate people for resolution.
- Position requires some travel in the local area. Must have a reliable vehicle and must maintain a valid Florida State driver's license with a satisfactory driving record and eligibility for coverage under any applicable agency insurance.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires safely lifting and moving chairs, tables, platforms, audio equipment ranging in weight from 5 lbs to 300 lbs, using hand trucks, other provided safety-assistance devices, including requesting additional assistance prior to moving or lifting any excessively heavy and/or awkward object.
- Requires frequent walking, standing, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling, and occasional climbing on ladders or appropriate construction equipment.
- Frequent exposure to moderate to loud noise, fumes or airborne particles from cleaning solvents and other construction-related products.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $17.00-$18.00 per hour
Schedule: (a bit flexible)
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Boynton Beach, FL 33472 with occasional travel to:
- Palm Beach Gardens, FL 334128
- Property maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
$25,000 - $35,000
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN A JCC?
Jewish Community Centers are multi-service community agencies that provide a wide array of programs, courses, and activities for people of all ages. In addition to stimulating and rewarding work, you'll enjoy a friendly family-like atmosphere that values your mental and physical well-being. JCC employees can use the on-site fitness facilities and take part in all of the programs available. Competitive salaries and generous holiday, vacation, and healthcare plans underscore your importance to the JCC. In a recent survey of JCC employee satisfaction, more than 90 percent of professionals reported enjoying their jobs!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
Benefits (Full-Time Employees)
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Voluntary Benefits: Pet Discount Program, Financial Wellness, Identity Theft Protection, Accident and Critical Illness
- Staff Discount on our Programs (FT and PT employees!)
COMMITTMENT TO INCLUSION
Our mission at the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is to build community and enhance connection to Jewish life. We embrace employees, members and guests of any race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.