Location and Job Title:
Director of Development
5403 Monument Ave
Richmond, VA 23226
The Carole and Marcus Weinstein Jewish Community Center (Weinstein JCC) is searching for an accomplished and strategic Director of Development (DOD). In this pivotal role, the DOD will collaborate extensively, injecting synergistic and cooperative approaches to enhance our financial stability and sustainability. The primary responsibility of the DOD will be to lead the Weinstein JCC's efforts in generating annual philanthropic revenues while playing a key role in supporting a capital campaign.
The DOD will report directly to the CEO and play a vital role within the Weinstein JCC's leadership team. They will actively participate in agency-wide strategic planning and initiatives. The ideal candidate will excel in engaging with key internal and external stakeholders, spearheading comprehensive development endeavors, effectively managing a collaborative and efficient team, and nurturing a culture of philanthropy that mirrors the core values of the Weinstein JCC. A successful candidate is a strategic development professional with a successful track record in fundraising and a passion for building relationships and connect with donors.
This is a full-time position with comprehensive benefits.
- Designs and oversees a comprehensive donor strategy; leverages lay leaders' relationships and engages them in the donor stewardship, cultivation, and solicitation process.
- Creates and oversees a comprehensive fundraising strategy encompassing annual giving, appeals, events, legacy, endowment giving, and grants.
- Drives the Weinstein JCC's capital campaign Strategy in partnership with the CEO, Campaign Advisory Cabinet, and outside counsel; actively participates in the campaign as a solicitor, identifying, cultivation, and stewarding new and current donors in partnership with the CEO and lay leadership.
- Promotes a culture of philanthropy across all Weinstein JCC departments and activities in line with the Weinstein JCC's values, vision, and mission.
- Creates a culture of success rooted in numbers and data - mentoring the Development department to embrace consistent and accurate practices around tracking donor pledges, interactions, and gifts in DonorPerfect.
- Mentor, coach, and supervise two direct reports; provide leadership and encourage professional excellence.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 7+ years of fundraising leadership experience.
- Outstanding communication skills, and ability to make compelling presentations.
- Strategic thinker and ability to meet goals in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational and data base skills.
- Demonstrates success cultivation and soliciting gifts.
- Skills in building authentic relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in leading a capital campaign preferred.
- Supervisory experience: ability to lead teams.
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative measures to track development impact.
- Experience with MS Office Suite and DonorPerfect CRM.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
$95,000 - $105,000
The Weinstein JCC exists to provide the highest quality educational, physical, and spiritual wellness programs and experiences for all ages and abilities, guided by Jewish values and culture. The Weinstein JCC provides a safe, inclusive environment for the community to gather and build meaningful connections. For more information, please visit www.weinsteinjcc.org.
The Weinstein JCC is an equal opportunity employer.