Location and Job Title:
Osher Marin JCC
200 N San Pedro Rd
San Rafael, CA 94903
The Membership Director is a full-time, exempt staff position at the Osher Marin Jewish Community Center. Reporting to the General Manager, the Membership Director is primarily responsible for generating membership sales, ensuring and managing the successful onboarding/orientation of new members, managing member retention including interfacing with service department managers and coordinating responses to member comment cards, and supervising the Member Services & Sales staff, and Front Desk Representatives. The Membership Director is an Exempt, Monday-Friday 40 hour week position and could include some weekends and holidays.
- Sets membership sales objectives for the year (in excess of $4.0 million dollars). Manages membership budget and provides updated financial forecasts as needed.
- Devises sales plans and strategies to meet agreed-upon individual and corporate sales goals and objectives that maximize membership retention rates.
- Ensures new members are properly oriented and assessed as to specific interests and learn about appropriate member programs and services.
- Works with Personal Training Manager to ensure all new members know about and can sign up for new member fitness orientation.
- Creates and manages engagement system to track participation and follow-up with new members at 30, 60, 90, and 180-day intervals.
- Lead manager receiving, disseminating, and tracking member feedback through existing system, suggesting changes/improvements as needed.
- Member Services & Sales Associates, and Front Desk Staff, making sure adequate coverage of both the membership department and the front desk. Also, responsible to make sure the team is fully aware of the Center's programs and services.
- Develops new member leads
- Actively participates in new member prospect identification and acquisition and marketing efforts to achieve maximum conversion results.
- Leads departmental efforts to identify members' program and service needs.Creates communication and promotion materials in conjunction with Marketing department that meet these needs and maximize sales potential.
- Coordinates with various JCC departments to maximize "cross-selling" efforts.
- Supervises and actively participates in efforts to retain existing members.
- Meet or exceed monthly personal, team, and point-of-sale sales goals.
- Ensures compliance with member contract and handbook policies and procedures.
- Is part of the Manager on Duty team, filling in when needed.
- Performs other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary range $75,000-$85,000 base with bonus potential up to $15,000 year. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Health & dental insurance; life, disability & retirement plans; TSA and 125 plans
- 22 paid vacation days per year; 13 paid sick days per year; up to 15 national & Jewish holidays per year; up to 5 emergency/funeral leave days per year
- JCC full-facility membership; discounts on JCC programs, services & events.
- College degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of direct sales and supervisory experience.
- Display professional behavior at all times and in a variety of circumstances.
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented, with excellent leadership capabilities.
- Extraordinary customer service skills.
- Very comfortable with multitasking in fast-changing environment.
- Able to handle unpredictable situations.
- Able to create and implement new sales programs and build a team.
- Able to upsell new and existing offerings to existing customer base.
- Able to work well with diverse groups of members and staff.
- Excellent oral and written communications ability.
- Knowledge of computers, various software and accounting systems and practices.
- Previous knowledge of and/or staff experience with JCCs a plus.
$75,000 - $85,000
The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center (JCC) is a non-profit organization with a variety of programs for fitness, early childhood education, summer camp, and lifelong learning. We celebrate Jewish culture while welcoming all community members to learn, explore, and participate in unique and enriching JCC programming throughout the year.