Location and Job Title:
Bay Terrace Center Pool Club Manager - Seasonal Full-Time Position
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
The Bay Terrace Center (BTC) Manager is under the supervision of the Director of the BTC of
Commonpoint Queens. The main focus of the position is to help develop and expand the
programming at the pool and oversee the day-to-day operations of the pool club. Our main goal
is to create a safe, nurturing, fun-filled experience for all of our members and guests.
- To create a fun-filled, exciting, and safe environment for our members, guests, and
- Increase membership by fostering a community that offers various activities and
programming for all ages.
- Increase overall income and revenue for the pool club.
General Responsibility: To plan, direct, and supervise all of the BTC members, staff, and guests
- Work with the BTC Director to define and develop a business plan for growth at the
- Be responsible for the management and administration of BTC including staffing,
training, and budgeting.
- Ensure the safety of all members and guests.
- Help to expand our current membership at the pool club.
- Be responsible for helping acquire contracts for vendors and making sure all contracts
are adhered to as written.
- Originate and carry out a system for recruiting members and staff utilizing brochures,
telephone calls, reunions, etc.
- Prepare and conduct pre-pool, post-pool, and in-service staff training.
- Order or supervise the ordering of supplies and equipment, and arrange for proper
- Set and supervise office staff with the help of the office manager.
- Develop routines, schedules, and procedures for day-to-day operation of lifeguards,
gate staff, and maintenance staff.
- Assign staff activities and other responsibilities.
- Supervise and evaluate all operations and program staff.
- Maintain and review records and evaluations of all programs, operations, staff, and
- Define and monitor a crisis management plan, including emergency procedures.
- Monitor safety and all procedures as they pertain to the complete supervision of all
members and guests.
- Help provide an atmosphere for developing good morale and well-being among the
membership and staff.
- To implement all NYC Department of Health regulations and any other governing body
in order for the facility to be up to date on all permits as necessary.
- To maintain a clean and presentable place for all members and guests by utilizing a
maintenance staff to its full capacity.
- To understand and have knowledge on pool operations including backwashing,
chlorinating, vacuuming, and cleanliness of the pool.
- Oversee all hired vendors make sure their work is complete and properly done in
accordance with the terms and conditions we set forth.
- This job begins immediately upon hire.
- This job entails working various days and
times, including weekends and holidays.
- May 1st-June 25th: 10-20 hours a week
- June 26th-September 6th: 40 hours per week
- September 6th-September 30th: 10-20 hours per week
Certified Pool Operator Certification
Current Lifeguarding, CPR, and First Aid certifications
At least five seasons of pool club experience (i.e. management, lifeguarding, etc.)
Ability to supervise staff members and guests
- Ability to meet the public
- Ability to plan, originate, organize, and carry out daily and special programs
Specifics for Physical Requirements:
- Walking around the pool deck and the facility for most of the day
- Carrying objects when necessary
- Meetings at our Little Neck Site
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 50 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.