Location and Job Title:
Events & Programs Coordinator
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
PAY RATE/STATUS: $18.00-$25.00 per hour DOE / Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reporting to the Director of Cultural Arts, Programs and Festivals, the Events & Programs Coordinator is responsible for supporting the programs of the San Diego Center for Jewish Culture, including the San Diego International Jewish Film Festival, JLearn programs and other cultural arts events. Typical duties may include but are not limited to: timeline management, event coordination, creation and distribution of marketing collateral, and database management. The incumbent in this role will be responsible for collaborating with other departments, facilitating clear and consistent communication.
Qualifications, Knowledge, & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- H.S Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience working in an administrative capacity preferred.
- Previous experience in non-profit marketing, preferably in the arts, with both marketing and communications responsibilities preferred.
- Previous graphic design experience is a plus.
- Advanced computer skills including Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, timelines and deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, respectful, patient).
- Self-starter with minimal supervision.
- Typical office environment.
- Typical community center environment.
- Events may take place both indoors and outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Some events may take place off-site with varying working conditions
- Requires long periods of sitting and standing.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, and bending.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to physically administer CPR/AED and First Aid.
Please Note- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the position, please fill out the LFJCC Employment Application provided in the link and attach your cover letter/resume. NO PHONE CALLS
MORE DETAILS: Full-time positions are eligible for a wide variety of benefits that include:
- Health Insurance
- Group Life, AD&D and Long-Term Disability (100% employer-paid)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Generous Paid Holidays
- FREE JCC Annual Family Membership that gym/pool access and discounts on after-school and summer programs
- Friendly Work Environment!
35,000 - 45,000
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.