Location and Job Title:
Director of Development
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
The JCC is seeking a Director of Development that will lead and grow its fundraising program. This person will be mission driven, entrepreneurial, resourceful and ready for a challenge. This position reports directly to the CEO and serves on the senior management team. The organization is poised for growth and will require a Development Director who is ready to grow as well. They will implement and lead the expansion of a strategic, creative, and resourceful development program that will affirm and celebrate the mission, impact, and future growth of the JCC. The Director of Development will join a committed, passionate, and talented team of JCC professionals dedicated to The Stamford JCC mission.
- Create an annual development plan and budget and a strategically forward looking 5-year plan to grow the current pipeline.
- Participate in major institutional decision-making, especially as related to development, such as setting fund raising goals and integrating development strategies into the overall mission.
- Implement and grow annual major gift program as well as broadly targeted endowment contributions.
- Hire, train, supervise and lead the Development team by providing ongoing feedback, actively coaching and mentoring, management of performance to goals and identifying targeted professional development opportunities.
- Donor tracking is a priority. Develop and implement donor tracking, relationship management and reporting.
- Supervise development department events.
- Must be on a constant mission to strengthen the organization-wide culture of philanthropy.
- Identify new opportunities and support ongoing efforts in the attainment of grants from foundation and corporate sources. Write and submit grant applications, proposals, sponsorship packages, etc. on behalf of the JCC.
- Establish strategies to approach funders, both corporate and individuals, and develop creative ways of promoting the JCCs cases for support.
- Supervise the stewardship of all spendable and endowed funds at the J, taking special care that the funds are being used at the donors intent, that the donor is being recognized and that we are soliciting new dollars into those funds.
- Work together with the JCC Marketing Department to build and enhance public relations efforts, including defining message and creating necessary collateral material.
- Collaborate with Board Members and other volunteers to support fundraising efforts for the organization.
Launch a legacy program for estate planning gifts.
Plan for and manage capital and special campaigns, as necessary.
Other duties as assigned by CEO.
- BA/BS degree required
- 5 years of increasingly responsible development experience with a solid understanding of fundraising concepts and demonstrated success in capital/endowment campaigns, major gifts, planned giving, direct mail and special events is required.
- Proven track record of frontline fundraising including building/growing the annual pipeline and raising major gifts of at least 5-figure.
- Must be able to think and act strategically.
- Work independently as well as part of a team, follow through on assignments and prioritize competing tasks.
- Superior organization, communication, social and writing skills along with a talent for creating communal collaborations and partnerships are required.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- A deep commitment to the JCC mission and vision is necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point). Proficiency using donor databases and CRM software is strongly desired or a demonstrated ability to learn new software programs in support of ones work.
$75,000 - $85,000
The Stamford JCC is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. We are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, and we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.