Location and Job Title:
Swim Instructor Starting at $18/hour
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
Swim instructor is responsible for conducting swim lessons for multiple clients of different ages and skill levels, including parent/child lessons, private lessons, group lessons and adult lessons. Swim instructor must be prepared to impart their knowledge of swimming in a friendly, encouraging manner, demonstrating skills as needed, and able to work with students of a wide variety of ages and diversity. Instructors must be mature and work as a team member. Instructors must demonstrate superior customer service, problem solving skills, ability to communicate effectively, show adaptability and flexibility, be dependable, be organized, show initiative and have a quality personality. Must be able to communicate with clients and management staff in a clear and concise manner. For full job description, visit our website: nashvillejcc.org/work
- Possess an American Red Cross WSI certification and/or have previous experience teaching swim lessons to swimmers of various ages. Current Certification in American Red Cross CPR/AED/ First Aid for the Professional Rescuer is required. Red Cross lifeguarding certification highly preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours with evening, weekend, and holiday work required; ability to appear on time for work; appear to work in professional, approved uniform, looking neat and clean
- Must possess an outgoing personality; treat other with kindness and respect; be courteous and tactful at all times; ability to exercise independent judgement within the limits of the position; ability to make quick decisions and act quickly in rescue situations
- Ability to understand and follow posted rules, procedures and directions. Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Attention to details; pride in appearance and work place
- Ability to maintain accurate record keeping, such as, time sheets, client records, lessons schedule, etc.
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing that may consist of, but not limited to, a background check, drug screening, and a physical skills evaluation screening.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Aquatics Director, Asst. Aquatics Director, or any other member of the Aquatics and/or JCC leadership team
- Previous experience with swim instruction (and/or coaching) is preferred; however, hardworking, interested candidates can inquire about certification opportunities.
- Access to internet and reliable cell phone is a must for communication with supervisors and clients
25,000 - 35,000
The Gordon JCC is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational, educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, it is a place where all are welcome to join, play and learn side by side with their Jewish neighbors. Camp Davis, established in 1930s, provides a day camp experience for hundreds of school-age children each summer.