Location and Job Title:
Division Head - JCC Camps at Medford
Betty & Milton Katz JCC
1301 Springdale Rd.
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Maritza Mannino at email@example.com
The JCC Camps at Medford is currently seeking applicants for the role of Division Head. Division Heads oversee a specific age range of campers (approx. 75-100), who are divided into about 6 smaller bunks and serve as a member of the summer leadership team.
The ideal staff member will be a team-oriented individual who enjoys working with kids and has an interest in staff development and training. This individual should enjoy being outdoors, be a positive role model for both campers and staff and embody the core values that are the foundation to the JCC Camps at Medford.
This position requires an 8-week commitment, Monday, June 26 - Friday, August 18. Camp is in session Monday - Friday 9AM - 4:15PM. Division Heads must attend all required staff orientations. The JCC Camps at Medford offers a competitive salary, daily lunch, free summer membership to the Katz JCC in Cherry Hill and tuition perks.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Off-Season Responsibilities
- Assist with staff interviews. Conducting interviews to hire counselors and fill open positions at camp
- Attend at least one open house
- Assist with off-season events when available such as t-shirt pick up, fall and spring events, etc.
- Attend leadership team meetings and required staff orientations prior to the start of the camp season.
- Review of all camper confidential files
- Pre-camp communication to families of campers in division who may need additional support
- Administrative Responsibilities
- In partnership with the Camp Director & Assistant Director, ensure schedules for each bunk are complete and include diverse activities day to day and week to week.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely fashion
- Attend daily meetings with the Camp Director and relay information when appropriate to staff members
- Ensure attendance for both campers and staff is submitted daily and on time.
- Ensure messages from the office are relayed directly to the Head Counselor and vice versa. These messages include but are not limited to camper transportation changes, enrollment updates, etc.
- Staff Management
- Provide direct supervision of approximately 25 staff members
- Meet routinely with counselors to inform of important camp updates
- Provide routine and constructive feedback aimed to help staff members grow in their role at camp
- Complete fair and equitable mid-season and end of summer evaluations of staff.
- Facilitate staff trainings during orientation which will include sessions on staff expectations, regulations, camper behavior management, etc.
- In partnership with the Camp Director, ensure all required staff to camper ratios are met
- Camper Management
- Assist bunk counselors in managing daily interactions between campers
- When necessary, utilize support from the Camp Director & Care Team to help in managing camper behaviors and situations
- Parent Communication
- When appropriate, communicate directly with camper families to keep them informed of their campers experience.
- Monitor weekly messengers sent home by Head Counselors ensuring notes are appropriate, respectful, and accurate representations of the camper and JCC Camps at Medford.
- Division Heads must be willing to work cooperatively with all JCC Camps at Medford team members including but not limited to office staff, facilities staff, aquatics, Open Hearts/Open Doors, etc.
The JCC Camps at Medford enriches the lives of children by teaching values and life skills in a fun, safe, inclusive Jewish environment while building confidence, sharing successes, and creating lasting friendships and memories. Each summer, the JCC Camps at Medford proudly welcomes over 1,400 campers to its 120-acre property located in Medford, NJ while hiring over 500 staff to ensure a high quality program and camper safety and well-being.