Location and Job Title:
Senior Director of Programming
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
This is an advanced management position requiring independent judgment, initiative, strong interpersonal skills, and advanced administrative skills. The Senior Programming Director will need to be creative in developing programs, services and activities as well as providing strong leadership to staff. This position will be a member of the Executive Management Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement programming related specifically to program departments within the agency. These may include all departments. Assignments will be rotated based upon the needs of the JCC.
- Ensure integration of Jewish values, knowledge and learning throughout the JCC.
- Responsible for the overall coordination and development of all agency programs and activities in cooperation with program and support staff.
- Stimulate staff to develop new program directions and strategies.
- Be present. Have ability to see programs first-hand to assist in continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement a system of administration and record keeping.
- Maintain and coordinate a complete program file, including program records, evaluations and statistics.
- Staff and or attend appropriate committees and events.
- Attend Management Team meetings and other meetings as required.
- Assist in writing new policies.
- Assist in the development of annual departmental budgets.
- Monitor budget compliance monthly with Department heads, CFO, and maintain tight fiscal controls.
- Recruit, interview, hire and orient program staff for identified areas.
- Conduct evaluation of key program staff.
- Remediates problems with staff as needed.
- Supervise identified program staff and provide consistent positive feedback.
- Assist the Chief Operating Officer in the development and implementation of staff development programs.
- Assist Chief Operating Officer in recruitment and retention of staff.
- Provide leadership and direction for staff program meetings and staff training.
- Set up and maintain staff building coverage schedules.
- Oversee program and activity registration.
- Work with program staff and the Marketing Director to review all program materials including flyers, brochures, website, etc. for accuracy, overall integration, marketability, mailing requirements and deadlines.
Strategic Planning and Development:
- Participate with Development staff in cultivation and solicitation of donors, sponsors, or Foundations. Be an ambassador and leader in developing strong relationships with current and potential donors to enhance contributions to the agency.
- Assist Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer in long range planning, including business plans for program expansion.
- Assist Chief Executive Officer and Development staff with special events.
- Develop and support volunteer committees related to areas under direct supervision.
- Staff specific program and administrative committees as assigned.
- Assist the Chief Operating Officer in recruiting and training lay leaders.
- Enhance working relationships with synagogues, Federation, Jewish communal organizations and agencies, schools, community organizations and businesses related to the work of the agency in concert with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer.
- Sensitivity to and ability to build relationships with staff, lay leadership and the community.
- Contribute to creation of a welcoming and friendly environment.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
- BA or B.S. degree in related field
- At least 5 years of experience in a Center or closely related field
- Knowledge of Jewish Culture, traditions, and celebrations
- Supervisory, program administrative and budgetary experience
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written presentation and computer competency.
- Have a track record of successful leadership.
- Able to problem solve, prioritize tasks, multitask, and manage time effectively.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to exert moderate physical efforts which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weights (up to 50lbs), bending, stooping, stretching, squatting and sitting;
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- Noise level can be quiet to moderate.
$95,000 - $105,000
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
Benefits (Full-Time Employees)
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Voluntary Benefits: Pet Discount Program, Financial Wellness, Identity Theft Protection, Accident and Critical Illness
- Staff Discount on our Programs (FT and PT employees!)
COMMITTMENT TO INCLUSION
Our mission at the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is to build community and enhance connection to Jewish life. We embrace employees, members and guests of any race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.