Location and Job Title:
Community Engagement Marketing Manager
Jewish Silicon Valley / Addison-Penzak JCC
14855 Oka Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
The Community Engagement Marketing Manager is a Monday-Friday on-site position supporting the Marketing Department in executing and monitoring community marketing needs and strategies for Jewish Silicon Valley (JSV), and specifically, JSV's Los Gatos Community Center (APJCC Los Gatos). The position may include some weekend and evening event work.This role reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications.
Areas of Responsibility
- In conjunction with the Marketing Director and team, manage marketing campaigns withJewish Silicon Valley's Jewish community engagement teams, including - Jewish holidays, Jewish community groups, and Jewish Community Relations Council of Jewish Silicon Valley. This includes, but is not limited to:
- In partnership with culture and community engagement teams - align campaign calendars to Jewish Silicon Valley's goals and objectives.
- Proactively collaborate with all groups to create new concepts aligning with Jewish Silicon Valley's Goals; Breaking silos and finding broader opportunities for groups to coordinate together.
- Be a sounding board and resource to our community engagement culture and community engagement teams, while maintaining efficient systems and best practices that help us achieve our organizational goals with bandwidth and resource constraints.
- Create, execute, measure, and share stories for approved campaigns;.
- Be a marketing representative and sometimes social media photographer/videographer at predetermined events.
- Manage marketing and organizational resources in line with our constraints and goals, including:
- Asana project management platform and work streams for all projects.
- Meeting and project prioritization
- Communicating timelines and necessary schedule shifts to community engagement and culture teams.
- Manage digital and onsite promotional initiatives in coordination with marketing team and operations
- Social media and website postings/changes for all approved campaigns.
- Newsletter and promotional email contact and calendar
- Work with team members to support storytelling and JSV brand work as needed.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Experience working in Jewish community and a solid understanding of Jewish holidays and culture
- Customer service skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and to prioritize deadlines and resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, very computer literate in general
- Marketing experience!
- Experience using Elementor, Asana, Constant Contact a plus.
- Experience in or commitment to learn basic graphic design including the use of Canva app.
Working Conditions/Physical requirements:
The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to:
- Work in a Fitness Center/Community Center and typical business office environment
- Ability to lift and carry 45 lbs.
- Ability to stand, sit, lift, bend, twist
- Ability to work on computer for an extended period of time
- Work in the vicinity of children and older adults
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment can be noisy and you may be working in close proximity with others. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as phones, computers and printers.
This position is contingent upon the completion and cleared background check of a fingerprint and life scan assessment. And adherence in Covid 19 protocols as they are updated.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between JSV and its employees.
Amenities include fitness center, heated pool, children's pool, lighted tennis courts, full gymnasium, event auditorium and meeting rooms, athletic field, physical therapy clinic, free parking, acclaimed preschool for ages 18 months-5 years, day camp, recreation program for children with special needs, birthday parties, Center for Jewish Life & Learning, holiday celebrations, Judaica and Hebrew classes, enrichment classes on a variety of topics for all ages, sports programs for children and adults. Event rentals available.