Location and Job Title:
Assistant Aquatics Director
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
The Assistant Aquatics Director, under the supervision of the Aquatics Director, will provide leadership and supervision of the swim lesson program and operations of the Aquatics Department, ensuring that high quality, safe and well-organized programs are being offered and all aspects of the pool operations are conducted in a professional manner. This position will act on behalf of the Aquatic Director in their absence, and, at all times, shall work within the guidelines of the aquatic policies.
The Assistant Aquatics Director must be detail oriented and well organized, with the ability to plan activities and schedules several months in advance. This person must be flexible and able to handle multiple projects at the same time. The Assistant Aquatics Director is expected to be innovative, imaginative team player who provides a positive role model for swimmers, instructors and coaches. This full-time exempt position reports to the Aquatics Director.
- Develop, implement, supervise and evaluate comprehensive, creative and progressive swim lesson and swim team programs.
- Keep informed of various trends and programs in the community and nationally that may be introduced, adapted to, and have effect on JCC programs.
- Work with ECLC Director to provide group swim lessons to classes and to promote private lessons to families.
- Work with Camp Davis Director to ensure summer camp swimming needs are met, providing necessary swim instructors and lifeguards for campers
- Work with members and non-members to coordinate, organize, schedule, and promote group and private lessons
Staffing and Supervision
- Recruit, supervise, train, schedule and evaluate swim instructors.
- Supervise and maintain credentials for staff as needed.
- Support the TigerSharks Swim Team coach.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings for aquatics personnel to establish and monitor department goals as well as maintain safety standards.
- Provide on-the-job supervision, as well as back-up support.
- Lifeguard and teach swim lessons as needed
- MOD shifts as assigned
Facility and Equipment
- Check the equipment before and after each session to ensure that it is in working order and accounted for.
- Ensure that all pools are maintained to Department of Health standards
- Ensure that all pools and related facilities are kept clean and tidy
Administrative and Budgeting
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the department goals and budget.
- Monitor swim lesson registration and redemption with the Accounting Department
Marketing and Communication
- Manage communication with constituents so that information is presented clearly and in a timely manner.
- Clearly communicate policies and programs to families to promote participation
- Work with membership department to funnel leads from new member joins and existing members into aquatics programs.
- Work with marketing department to create flyers, boards, banners, eblasts and any other material to promote swim lesson and swim team programs.
- Communicate policies and programs to families and promote family participation in special programs and events.
Community and GJCC:
- Use excellent customer service skills to establish and maintain relationships with members and the general public.
- Participate in staffing major GJCC programs or events outside of the department when assigned.
- Always maintain a positive and professional image.
- Membership and participation in professional communal organizations.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Mari-Lynn@nashvillejcc.org
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- BA plus 2 years managerial experience in aquatics related field
- Strong leadership, communicational, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Current WSI and LGI Certification, including CPR and first aid, required
- Current CPO license or willingness to become certified
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; customer-service orientation with specific strength in diplomacy and discretion strongly preferred
- Knowledge of swim lesson curriculum, staffing, scheduling, and development of training programs
- Demonstrated ability to develop recreational programming for all age groups
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software: including MS Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook
$35,000 - $45,000
The Gordon Jewish Community Center (Gordon JCC) is at the center of Jewish life in Nashville, providing recreational, educational, social and cultural programs and services to over 1,700 member families. Located on a beautiful 52-acre campus in west Nashville, it is a place where non-Jews are welcome to join, play and learn side by side with their Jewish neighbors. Camp Davis, established in 1930's, provides a day camp experience for hundreds of school-age children each summer.