Location and Job Title:
Assistant Aquatics Manager - Operations
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
3200 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
Assistant Aquatics Manager - Operations is responsible for supervising,
scheduling, evaluating and training lifeguards, lifeguard trainers, and
pool maintenance employees while also managing the day-to-day safety
operations of the JCCSF Aquatics Department. This position works
alongside the Assistant Aquatics Manager - Programming to ensure the
smooth operation of programs and facility. This position reports to the
Aquatics Program Manager and shares with them the responsibility of
ensuring an exceptionally safe aquatic environment, high quality safety
practices and procedures, and a strong customer service culture.
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise all lifeguards, lifeguard trainers and pool maintenance employees.
- Ensure staff consistently meets or exceeds Aquatics policies and standards.
- Safety/Lifeguard responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing evaluation, coaching and training for all lifeguards, lifeguard trainers and pool maintenance employees.
- Ensure all lifeguards maintain appropriate certifications and are qualified to perform their safety responsibilities.
lifeguard staff schedule meets JCCSF safety standards at all times.
With the Aquatics Program Manager, continually assess appropriate
- Maintain a proactively focused safety and customer service culture.
- Establish and maintain an ongoing process for recruiting, training, and developing new lifeguards.
- Cover lifeguard shifts as needed in the event of staff absences or needed coverage.
- Ensure emergency supplies are properly stocked in all locations of Aquatics facility.
- Monitor staff payroll records to ensure accuracy of timesheets and that all hours and breaks are correctly recorded.
ongoing communication with the Aquatics Program Manager, keeping them
informed of challenges, program/staff needs and problem solving.
an awareness of budget parameters and manage to stay within those,
while also taking an active responsibility for exceeding
- Maintain organization of head
count, chem check, opening check lists, closing check lists,
contamination, and incident report binders.
- Coordinate with the
Assistant Aquatics Manager - Programming to ensure complete operation of
both programming and facility in the absence of other management.
with Aquatics Program Manager and Security Manager to identify
improvements and needs for overall building safety procedures, including
ICS Safety responsibilities and training.
- Update Lifeguard Manual as needed, with input and review from the Aquatics Program Manager.
- Proactively, consistently, and clearly communicate with staff to keep them informed and engaged.
necessary certifications, and commit to ongoing development through
additional trainings, with Aquatics Manager's approval.
familiar and proficient in JCCSF's business practices and policies,
including the use of CRM system for registrations and course execution.
- Additional duties as required.
- BS or BA degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience in Aquatics Program Management.
- Significant experience directly managing and supervising Aquatics staff.
- Strong supervisory skills and experience.
- Experience in a strong and effective customer service culture.
Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certification required & American
Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Trainer Certification preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and independently motivated.
- Welcoming, friendly, and professional demeanor
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office, and the ability to learn new business software programs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage time effectively.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible,
all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19)
prior to beginning work. Please reach out to HR@jccsf.org if you have
Urban and inclusive, the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF) celebrates our vibrant city and its people. We explore Jewish culture and traditions as a pathway for joyful, meaningful living. We're a community for everyone, using the power of gathering together to share, inspire, support and restore. The JCCSF is located in San Francisco, CA at 3200 California Street (at Presidio).