Location and Job Title:
Shalom Austin JCC
7300 Hart Ln
Austin, TX 78731
What you will be doing:
- Represent the Hurt Family Tennis Center to new and existing members, getting them excited about our brand-new facilities and programs, opening Fall 2021.
- Managing all business operations related to the tennis center, including programming, goals, budget, facility & equipment maintenance, and staffing.
- Building a "best in class" program of events for juniors, women and men including
annual events, member-guest events, clinics, tournaments, and regular tennis social events.
- Supervising all tennis professionals and seasonal staff.
This is a full time, salaried position.
What you will bring:
- A Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science, Sports Management, Athletic Training Education or health-related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Must be USPTA or PTR certified and be a NTRP rating of 4.5+ or higher rated player
- Minimum of 5 years teaching private and group/clinics including technique and stroke development and match play
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Personnel management and supervision experience required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 suite products.
- Willingness and ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Positive attitude and self-motivation.
- Work well collaboratively in a team environment.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (which may, depending on the position you are hired for, include an FBI fingerprint check).
- Adhere to our Mission, Core Values, and all HR policies and procedures.
- Meet routine office physical demands including climbing stairs, carrying up to 30-pound objects and possessing the dexterity and vision to operate office computers and equipment.
- Previous managerial experience including budgeting (revenue generation, expense control), business planning (strategic and operational) and the ability to develop and implement operational systems.
Shalom Austin is the hub of Jewish life in Central Texas. We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization comprised of the Jewish Community Center (JCC), Jewish Federation, Jewish Family Service (JFS), and the Jewish Foundation. The majority of our programming operates on 40 beautiful acres on the Dell Jewish Community Campus in the live music capital of the world - "weird" Austin, Texas. We are a passionate group of more than 100 staff working on our mission of enhancing the quality of Jewish life in the greater Austin area and around the world through philanthropy, education, social service, culture, spirituality, and total wellness.
As the Fitness & Wellness Director on the Sports & Fitness team, you will be part of an energetic group of leaders who work collaboratively to strategize future enhancements to the sports and fitness areas of the Jewish Community Center. We will be opening a brand-new family-focused aquatic center and a six-court tennis center in Fall 2021, followed by a world-class fitness center and community spaces in 2022. You will be instrumental in determining the experience in the new fitness center. Learn more at shalomaustin.org/generations-progress/.
Your primary role in this position is to create, implement, and supervise programs that result in increased usage of, and satisfaction with, the JCC Fitness Center including fitness and wellness programming, personal and small group training, personnel management, budgeting, member retention, and new member onboarding.
It is important to have excellent people skills, exemplary oral and written communication skills, and be well organized. Attention to detail, strong computer abilities, and demonstration of proven sales experience are necessary. The Fitness & Wellness Director is a team player who is well versed in customer service and with great listening skills with members as well as staff.
Our great benefits:
- We'll pay you an annual base salary of $55,000 plus variable commission on Instructional program revenue and lessons.
- We offer outstanding medical insurance coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, and we'll pay 80% of the premium cost on your behalf.
- We provide life and long-term disability insurance, and we pay 100% of the cost for you.
- We will give you lots of paid time off. First-year employees receive: 18 days of paid time off and more than 15 Jewish and Federal holidays.
- We'll offer you up to a 50% discount for your kiddos in our amazing early childhood program, as enrollment allows.
- We understand that you need work/life balance and that you have commitments outside of the workplace, so we'll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We'll provide you with the opportunity to make a difference in the Central Texas Jewish community every day.
- Professional development opportunities.
What we care about:
Shalom Austin is a community-minded, inclusive organization. We are committed to creating and supporting a safe, welcoming, and diverse workplace for all people regardless of race, religion, disability, gender, or sexual orientation.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Shalom Austin and is required for all employees and independent contractors.
Shalom Austin Core Values:
- UNITY. You recognize the importance of one team that leverages resources, talents, and expertise to achieve a common purpose.
- EXCELLENCE. You are committed to continual improvement, and you consistently set new standards for success.
- RESPECT. You nurture your workplace through honesty, sincerity, and responsibility.
- CREATIVITY. You approach both opportunities and obstacles with a spirit of flexibility, thinking critically to achieve innovative solutions.
- INITIATIVE. You are a self-starter, driven to exceed expectations, and claim a sense of ownership as you pursue your goals.
- KNOWLEDGE. You engage in continuous learning and actively seek opportunities that provide professional enrichment and personal fulfillment.
How to Apply
- You don't need to call us, just follow the link to apply.
- We promise we'll get in touch with you by phone or email.