Location and Job Title:
Meetings & Events Coordinator
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
The Meetings & Events Coordinator will manage and oversee rentals and special events for the organization and external clients that support a myriad of programs and initiatives for the Stamford JCC, with the managing responsibilities as follows:
- Proactively market JCC to new and existing customers, members and community organizations.
- Develop a marketing plan and sales cycle for JCC events business.
- Develop and coordinate inquiry intake process to ensure effective conversion rate.
- Plan and strategically coordinate rentals and events from inception to completion that include special events for the organization, celebratory events, meetings and conferences, and partnerships with licensees.
- Oversee planning and production of events including conceptualization, vendor procurement and management, contract negotiations, staffing, data and rsvp management, planning timeline, venue scouting and site selection.
- Work with clients to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction. Organize facilities and details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, invite list, equipment, promotional material and post-event evaluations.
- Monitor and control department budget. Ensures milestones and goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Fiscal responsibility for executing contracts, processing invoices, managing and reconciling expense budgets with the ability to generate accurate financial reports reflecting revenue and expenses.
- Work closely and collaborate with internal and external partners including development, marketing and communications, maintenance, caterers and other event vendors.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and JCC CEO
- Bachelor's Degree in Events or Hospitality-related field or equivalent expertise.
- 3+ Years senior event planning and/or programming experience, with proven leadership, organization and management prowess.
- Required to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays, as events require
- Experience preparing and managing budgets and financial plans, managing vendors and adept at contract negotiation with thorough knowledge of legal issues and contract language in the hospitality industry.
- Excellent ability to set priorities, plan long-term and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be detail oriented with a methodical approach to work.
- Superb analytical thinking skills to be able to assess situations and react appropriately.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are required as well as the capability to edit and proofread.
- Ability to liaise in a professional manner with all levels of staff, management, board members and external contacts.
- Highly skilled at MS Office Suite, specifically Excel.
$35,000 - $45,000
The Stamford JCC is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. We are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, and we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.