Location and Job Title:
Group Ex - Cycle instructor
Arthur M. Glick JCC of Indianapolis
6701 Hoover Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46260
Conduct population specific group exercise classes in a safe and positive manner; provide leadership and motivation to assist class participants in setting and reaching their fitness goals. Lead with enthusiasm and create a fun atmosphere!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a fun and safe environment for class participants
- Promote knowledge of techniques and make and demonstrate modifications
- Teach class with energy and enthusiasm
- Keep accurate class attendance records
- Update music and choreography on a regular basis
- Start and end the class on time
- Learn and carry out all quality assurance operations, policies and procedures of the fitness center
- Help maintain a safe and clean exercise environment
- Find substitute teacher if unable to teach class
- Attend all required staff meetings
- Greet members and answer questions
- Become knowledgeable about other classes and services that the JCC offers
- Introduce yourself to class and learn the names of regular participants
- Complete accident and incident reports as needed
- Current Group Fitness Certification
- Current CPR, AED and first aid certification
- Full understanding of exercise equipment and proper operations.
- Knowledge of injury prevention.
- Good communication skills; ability to instruct and teach.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Exercise equipment
- Various fitness equipment as appropriate for class
Job requires standing, lifting, jumping, stretching, bending and squatting for long periods of time and demonstrate proper technique.Ability to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds.
Whether you come to the JCC to work out, swim, shoot hoops, hang out at the water park or bring your kids to a class, you can count on feeling better when you leave than you did when you came in. You?ll find that the JCC is so much more than fitness. Our members come from all walks of life and have interests ranging from childcare to water aerobics; from summer camp to adult continuing education; and from yoga to boot camp. We?re situated on 40 beautiful acres on Indy?s northwest side. We invite you to see for yourself why we say: Open to everyone. Something for everyone. Visit www.JCCindy.org, call 251-9467 or stop in for a tour.