Location and Job Title:
Program Planner & Connector for Families with Young Children, Metro North and Jamaica Plain
JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
Are you someone who is a natural community builder, who is warm, highly organized and a great team player? JCC Greater Boston is seeking a dynamic, caring family-oriented individual to lead programs for and provide services to families with young children (ages 0-6) in the Metro North and Jamaica Plain neighborhoods. This is a part time, 15 hour per week role.
JCC Greater Boston is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. We welcome staff and participants from diverse backgrounds. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background. We are guided by JCC Greater Boston core values - Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation - which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish.
This role is part of the Family Engagement & Jewish Life (FEJL) Department whose goals are to build relationships and create community for families with young children seeking some kind of Jewish connection. The department relies on grants and donor support. The number of hours per week for this position may fluctuate according to grant funding.
- Outreach, relationship building and networking with parents, one on one conversations, friendship facilitation, and community-building activities, including some weekend and/or evening responsibilities. This includes:
- Identifying and welcoming new families
- Deepening relationships with families and learning about needs and opportunities
- Follow up with parents
- Facilitating connections through a variety of channels, both in-person and virtual, depending upon COVID updates and guidelines
- Plan and facilitate weekly drop in playgroups.
- Plan and implement other programs and activities of interest to parents and families as needed
- Create a welcoming, dynamic where each program participant feels seen and welcomed
- Link families to other JCC programming and the Jewish community
- Assist in staffing 2 weekend programs/month, estimating 2-4 hours per program
- Promote programs through social media, moms groups, parent connections, community events, local business relationships, and other relevant channels
- Ensure compliance with JCCGB processes, deadlines
- Submit expenses and maintain accurate records and attendance sheets
- Meet regularly with supervisor
- Be an active participant in departmental meetings and trainings
- Work in partnership with JCC leadership and other departments to support JCC Greater Boston organizational goals and model JCC values
- Other needs, as they are determined
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Superb communication (interpersonal and social media), time management and organizational skills
- Experience with leading family programs and/or parenting young children
- Fluency with social media and on-line communication outlets for parents
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, email and internet
- Strong attention to detail, able to meet deadlines and follow up in a timely fashion
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as be part of a team
- Able to represent the JCC in a professional manner at all times
- Familiar with Metro North and/or JP communities
- Must have reliable transportation and be licensed to drive in Massachusetts
- May include picking up and carrying boxes of supplies, up to 25 lbs.to and from venues
- Able and willing to facilitate both virtual and in-person programs and following all COVID safety guidelines when applicable
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff and children very seriously. We have aligned all of our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC and the state. Our practices include ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, and use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and program participants. COVID safety training is mandatory for all staff.
TO APPLY JCC Greater Boston welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds who meet the requirements specified above. If you want to share your talents with a great team, co-creating a thriving, dynamic organization which is devoted to community building and lasting impact, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com
JCC Greater Boston is a nonprofit organization with roots in earlier Settlement Houses and Young Men's Hebrew Associations; JCC Greater Boston today offers a wide range of services and program activities throughout the Greater Boston region (~50,000 individuals annually in 98 communities). The organization provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: four preschools, three day camps, a regional model of Jewish family engagement, a fully equipped fitness and aquatic center, arts and culture classes, performances, lectures, and Jewish holiday celebrations.
Our vision is to create a vibrant and evolving Jewish community where everyone belongs. Our mission is to be at the heart of that community by:
- creating a thriving community that nurtures meaningful and lasting relationships,
- welcoming a growing and increasingly diverse set of individuals and families from all over Greater Boston,
- supporting the building of unique identities rooted in Jewish values and deeper connections to Jewish life,
- nourishing minds, bodies, and spirits through dynamic, innovative, and accessible experiences, and
- expanding engagement by partnering closely with other organizations to ensure the continuing vitality of our community as whole.