Location and Job Title:
Director of Youth Workforce Program - Train & Earn, Adult Workforce
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
All employees must present proof of vaccination.
Department Overview: Commonpoint Queens (Samuel Field YM&YWHA) Adult Workforce Department consists of employment and support programs serving individuals predominantly adults 18 and over and opportunity youth ages 16-24. The department provides access to occupational training, education, resources, and support programs for individuals who are motivated to enter the workforce.
Position Overview: Under the administrative supervision of the Senior Director of Opportunity Youth, the Director of Train & Earn will manage the operations, performance of the Train & Earn Program. In addition, the Director will provide a career pathway for opportunity youth through a continuum of services including literacy and math instruction, HSE test preparation, work readiness training, college and career exploration, paid work experience, support skills training, advanced occupational training and industry credential attainment. The program supports opportunity youth at any educational level, providing on-ramps at various levels through three program components, each supported by case management and wrap-around services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Required to maintain all DYCD contractual obligations for all components of the WIOA Train and Earn program and ensure that targets are being met on a weekly and monthly basis, including enrollment, retention, and participant performance targets.
- Supervise a team of support staff including case managers
- Collaborate with Opportunity Youth Departments to help meet programmatic goals.
- Perform intake, data entry and enrollment for T&E participants.
- Develop program models for T&E that includes but is not limited to instructional models, recruitment models, enrollment models and more all in conjunction with the Senior Director of Opportunity Youth.
- Monitor expenditures to ensure that they remain within budgetary limits.
- Maintain all contractual obligations of the program and ensure that targets are being met and complete progress reports weekly / monthly on program details and targets.
- Ensure compliance in all T&E program files and ensure all work, written, online submissions and participant documents are maintained in a secure and organized fashion.
- Adhere to and ensure that the T & E program and agency complies with EO, ADA, CFR, DOL and other city, state and federal regulations. equal Opportunity provisions for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) (29 CFR Part 38).
- Attend all required meetings/training regarding EO-WIOA.
- Act as the liaison for DYCD/ ACCES-VR.
- Orientate staff/participants/linkages/partnerships/employers on the Non-discrimination and Equal Opportunity provisions for WIOA, which include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Reasonable Accommodations Policies and Procedures
- Grievance Policies and Procedures
- Discrimination Complaint Policies and Procedures
- Utilize salesforce to track job placement, ROI on activity implementation, Engagement, attendance among other programmatic activities.
- Collaborate with adult workforce department to ensure job placement success for participants
- Remain up to date with current labor laws, market trends, adult workforce initiatives.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Business Administration, Psychology, Public Administration, Education or related field. Master's Degree preferred
- A minimum of three years of employment within workforce programs, including two plus years in a supervisory or management role.
- Experience working with opportunity youth.
- Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Understanding of budgetary management.
- Demonstrated experience in working with government contracts, preferably NYC DYCD contracts
- Experience conducting research, compiling information and organization for program development
- Demonstrate cultural competency through familiarity in working with people from a very diverse number of backgrounds.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
55,000 - 65,000
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.