Location and Job Title:
Customer Service Representative
Bonnie & Donald Dwares JCC of the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island
401 Elmgrove Ave
Providence, RI 02906
Service Representative provides high levels of customer service to our
members and other guests at the Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island.
As the first person that will interact with members and guests, this position
plays a critical role in creating a positive experience for everyone entering
the building. Candidates for the position must have strong communications
skills, a high level of energy, and an outgoing personality that will put members
and guests at ease. This is a part-time position, 10-15 hours per week, including weekends.
- Greet all members and guests entering and leaving the Dwares JCC in a way that makes them feel welcome.
- Inform members and guests of the latest promotions, membership discounts, or special events taking place in the building.
- Answer all questions from members and guests, connecting them with the proper staff person if more detailed assistance and follow up is necessary.
- Possess a working knowledge of the group exercise and class schedules, as well as other schedule items that may come up on a given day.
- Understand and properly enforce all fitness center and building policies and procedures.
Facility and Membership Procedures
- Conduct opening and closing procedures for the building, when appropriate.
- Assist with health club towel service - wash, dry, fold towels as needed.
- Register new members and clients, entering accurate information into membership database, processing and receiving payments, and making any necessary changes to client information in the membership database and fitness/pool software.
- Serve as the liaison between program managers and clients.
- Strong customer service orientation with experience in a customer service role from previous jobs or volunteer opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of members and guests.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Database experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, which begin as early as 5AM-9PM.
- Willing to obtain CPR/AED Certification.
- Comfortable handling financial transactions involving membership sign up.
- Comfortable maintaining confidentiality of members' personal information.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to Dorothy Retting at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jewish Alliance's Dwares JCC provides social, cultural, educational, recreational, and wellness-related needs to the Jewish Community and the greater Rhode Island community.It serves individuals and families and welcomes all ages, faiths and backgrounds.
The Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all regardless of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, military/veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We sincerely believe that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success as an organization.